Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
See, I was taught to cry in private - public is a no-no. It help releases the build up of chemicals.

I hope to find out what's up my butt!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
:( I was taught to just flat out not cry. If I did I got in trouble, so crying in bedroom and as silently as possible was my outlet, and now that I'm with Brandon it's like ehh I'll cry if I want.

He sounds nice, and good luck, still. I trust it will work out. :)

I can not believe Sorin grew over 2 inches in half a month! ARGG!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
My family has defined a difference between cry baby and crying because your upset.

I'm hoping it does.

Yeah, I'm not sure how Sorin is growing so fast. He was shorter than Jace at the 4 month mark and in two weeks grew to be an inch longer. He's a mystery.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I woke up this morning feeling like $hit. My head hurt - almost numb-like, one nostril is stuffy, I'm tired, cold, and had a sore throat, but that seems to have gone away. I need to get something for the nose because I think that is causing my headache - you know those damn, numb headaches you get due to allergies? Feels like that. And I have school until two and my riding lesson which I have been looking forward to all week. Plenty of apple juice today!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace ate a super! I'm going to skip his feeding this morning and see if he will eat more. Both he and Zy are only eating greens and need to be tempted and teased into worms, though Zy has been ignoring them still. What's going on?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I ended up leaving after my first class - I had almost fallen asleep in it multiple times and decided that it wasn't worth it to go through the rest of the day like this. I came home and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Paul is now out buying me some food and after I will take some ibuprofen and be all set for my riding lesson. Woo!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have allergies, too, my main one is to house mites, which are in the bed and pillow, so I take a generic (Safeway brand) antihistamine when I wake up in the morning, works like a charm and no headaches, like you're described. I don't know if it's good for me to do that, but it's the only way to get over the allergy, hopefully it changes soon, I'm getting fed up with it!

Glad you felt better and glad you got to go to your horseback riding lesson. You can always make up the time at school.

Good going Jace, don't know why they won't eat bugs, I'm feeding 3 by hand now, Lonzo, Didi and Gabriel. Titan still eats out of a bowl, Leo is mostly in his hide and Rubio still eats out of the plastic bowl. So all is normal over here!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Can't wait to see some/most of the family tomorrow! The kids are DYING to "see Liz again" and I can't wait for you and Vraska to have some time together! It's so cool that you're able to bring some babies and visit your god-babies :)

Also, I'd like to "reassure" or "point out" that I'm pretty sure that everyone knows Sorin and Vraska have very different needs. Also, we have a TINY bit more time and room here. Not a single person here has judged you for that particular situation (or any situation throughout your thread). You're decisions are always made out of love and kindness and for the very best interest of your babies.

One more thing, I will always make ANY appointment with you if it's at all possible on this end. You know that deep down. So, stop hesitating. Let me know what you need and if I'm a friend that CAN help, I will. Always. I was taught that it's simply what "friends" do...or there's no friendship.

I love you, girlie. You're a wonderful, strong, sincere, loving, caring, friend to me and my family...and you've done the same for us in the past. It's by no means one-sided. It's very mutual.

Head up. You're awesome!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Deb:

I just have allergies during spring and fall - not sure to what. It's weird because only one nostril gets stuffy but it gives me the worst headache that nothing except my 800mg ibuprofen can cure.

Jace doesn't like being hand fed - it annoys him if anything. He doesn't mind greens, but isn't super crazy about it. To be honest, Jace looks like $hit right now. I jus have to hold out until Thursday's vet appointment. I'm so freaked. He worries me so much.

Even though Zy's not eating, I'm pretty sure she's gearing for the winter slow down. Her color is great, no stress marks, just wants to sleep all the time, hiding under her hammock which is her basking spot, and isn't interested in food. Sound like brumation?

Kristine:

Yeah, just need to figure out where we're going to put them all in between handling. Sorin can go in the bin, Jace the play pen, and Zy on the couch with a blanket over her. She's been too sleepy to do much anyways.

I know no one here judged me, but that's another thing the counselor and I will be working on - feeling less judged and more whatever.

Thanks, but I know you're really coming just to see how she handles the beardies. :wink: :lol:

Thanks, Kristine. Love you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom