Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, Koth, & Phoenix -->Vet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Liz and I have been a member of this website for a year now. I have had another blog about my reptilian babies (http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=185026), but am starting a new one. I want to start the new year with a clean slate - especially since it will also start with a new moon. I want to move on from the problems of the past and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead.
A little about me: I'm twenty-two years old and am an author - (A Shadow's Lullaby by: E. Rexer). I go to Western New England as a Creative Writing major with a minor in Philosophy. I own six reptiles, three bearded dragons and three leopard geckos. I have been with my boyfriend, Paul, for four years. I currently work two jobs - Heritage Woods (assistant living) and Table and Vine (liquor store) though I did try to quit Heritage Woods and was guilt tripped into working there per diem (once a month). I will be putting in my two weeks notice with them in February. Unfortunately it is a sad job and emotionally I cannot handle it anymore. Table and Vine doesn't give me the hours I would like, but I worked out a deal with my grandfather that will help me out financially. Now enough about me.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i just popped in to check on all the babies. i miss them! i'm glad you guys got that wiiU, you deserve some fun. plus netflix is the best thing that ever happened to me? hahaha. phoenix looks much better. & all the kiddos look great lately. MY LITTLE AVA THOUGH <3

as for "your friend", are you on bc at all? i started orthotricyclen lo about 5 months ago. i used to puke/have terrible pains from it and after 2 months i feel great. the first 2-3 months were a little whack with some side effects but once it kicks in it really helps. might be worth looking into if you're not. <3

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Deb:
Luckily my friend is only a pain her first day. Though on her visit before last, she woke me up at midnight and had me throwing up everywhere and made it impossible for me to go to bed. It used to be way worse - I've passed out twice because of it.

That's assuming the bill will pass, and I hope it does. I could really use some more hours. Unfortunately Paul's last semester is next spring so he'll be keeping this job for the extra hours. On Fridays and Saturdays it's 3:30-10 as he works pep instead of actually shifts. When he picks up a day other than that it's 3-11. The morning shifts (7-3) are already filled and he can't do the overnight shifts (11-7) as he would fall asleep so we just have to grin and bare it.

I don't even now why I'm afraid of needles. I can't do that or blood which (besides hating math) I opted out of becoming a vet.

Chastity:
I love Netflix and hated watching it on my computer. Both my TV and BlueRay offer Netflix, but my internet sucks. The way my internet works is it has a password you have to type in, but you an only type it in by going online. And the TV and BlueRay won't go online unless it's connected to the internet. It was so frustrating.

Phoenix is a trooper. The babies are all doing well, though something is up with Koth. He's been refusing to eat as of late and when he is interested in the worm, he kills it and drops it - doesn't eat it. Ava is doing really well and she ate two supers for me last night.

No, I haven't tried bc, though I've heard great things about it once your body gets used to it. I might look into it. Thanks!

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Hi zandi... I'm finally caught up on your thread. I just love your babies. If I had room I'd love to get a leo, but with 8 beardies I just can't fit another setup in the room :lol:

I will say this about the "friend," I don't miss her... I've been on bc since I was 22 (I'm 36 now) and I don't stop taking them...EVER. No one likes me when I'm off them (I tend to bite people's heads off without them :oops:). I'm on Seasonale (well the generic) which is three months with a week of "fake" pills, I just skip the "fakes" and open the next pack :D. My dr. even recommended that I not go off them.

Have fun with the WiiU. I love mine (I'm a Nintendo freak, have all the old systems except the Virtual Boy :D). I'm playing the Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD now and I love it (I really wanted the WiiU that had the Zelda gamepad, but couldn't justify spending the extra $300 to get it :(). I also love just about any Nintendo game (Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, etc.) so I know where your coming from. I do have other systems (PS3, Xbox 360) but they are all sitting not plugged in, but the WiiU sits right by the TV and I try to play everyday (when the babies allow :p).

Back to work...before the boss comes back :lol:

Sabrina

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
And Liz, I was on bc from 18 yrs old until 27 because I was looking to get pregnant. It helped a lot, too. And I think the ones now have a lot less side effects. Worth looking into.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sabrina:
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to catch up.

The leos aren't bad, though they're more Paul's cup of tea than mine, I like the monsters and big ones. The hardest part for me with the leos is having beardies who will devour everything in sight and then have these little things eat 1-3x a week and only one a feeding. It's so...weird and still hard to get used to.

I really give both you and Deb props with having that many reptiles. I babysat three for 12 days giving me a temporary total of nine and boy was I glad when they got picked up. Just too much work. I barely have enough time to do anything now.

I'm going to have to consider bc as I heard it has a lot of pluses once the first couple of months are dealt with.

I've enjoyed the WiiU thus far. Since we split the cost, we did get the Zelda WiiU which is great because it's 32g and a plain 32g is the same price as one with the Zelda game so we got a bonus. I'm just mad you only get the gamepad and no controllers so the WiiU Pro Controller is $45 a pop used of course I have many friends who want to play the game with us. So I still have to buy two more controllers (none of us really like the Wii Remotes). Lately we've been addicted to Rayman Legends which is really awesome and fun. We've unlocked so much and still have so much more to go. It's ridiculous, but will last us a while. I like the Mario Party games and Mario Kart (new one released at the end of April :blob8:). Paul likes all systems for different reasons, I just don't care for the Xbox or PS as the games are not the ones I like. I'm also excited that rumor has it the next pokemon game will be 3DS and Wii.

Hope work isn't too bad.

Deb:
I will definitely try and set up an appointment when I can. First I need to get my car aligned. Blech. Paul needs to get stuff done with his car. He has inspection due by the end of next month.

Updates:

Me:
So I did a heck of a lot of cleaning today to earn some money from my grandma. I vacuumed, used the carpet cleaner, did the windows, blinds, and curtains, rearranged furniture a little, and scrubbed the kitchen down. I made $50 so that really helped my out financially. I'm very thankful for that.
I put in an order tonight for calcium, vitamins, and a box of 100 1ml oral syringes today for the beardies. That should be here sometime next week. I bought 100, because I go through them so fast so I figured it would save time and money.
Paul and I got to chill and play video games today before he went to work. My grandparents went out to Olive Garden (my favorite) while I was cleaning and brought me back chicken marsala with mashed potatoes. I brought ½ over to Paul for his lunch so he wouldn't have to spend money in the for court. After his lunch break I came home and finished cleaning then ate the rest of the chicken.
Orchid is still alive. I just do an ice cube every other day and keep it near the in sight of the windows though not right near them. Seem to be working well. Woo.
Plan to do a lot of outdoor exercising this summer - walking to the movie theater, going on walks, jogs, and bike rides around town. Paul and I both need to get into shape. Busy schedules and cheap/unhealthy foods have not made for a balanced diet.

Jace:
He's doing well. He likes to hunt for his first 2-3 superworms and then he'll finish the rest of his serving later. I just leave it in the dish for him and he finishes it when he's ready. His colors have been brightening up with the nice weather - can't wait to sunbathe with him again.

Zy:
She's doing great. She loves hunting her worms. She hears me drop one in and she's all over it. She shoots out like a cannon. I really need to get you guys a video. It makes me laugh watching her. I hope she likes sunbathing better this year than last year. I hate the thought that taking her outside is more punishment than pleasure.

Sorin:
He's coming around well. He played in his poop and needed a bath so he could be scrubbed down. After the bath he did something totally bizarre for hime - he cuddled me. I was so freaking happy. Then he climbed onto my back and I had to maneuver down the stairs to my grandfather and have him remove Sorin. My back's still sore from bending over.

Ava:
She's doing well - didn't eat tonight, but she did eat two yesterday so I'm not too upset with that. As long as she continues to gain weight, I won't judge. She doesn't flip over on me as often as she used to when I go to pick her up. She's still really unbalanced in my hands so I still have to be careful when holding her.

Nissa:
She's the only leo who ate tonight. She's addicted to Holly's acorn and won't leave it unless by force. She never paid it any mind and suddenly it's better than everything else. She's too funny. She sticks her head out and gives you the dirtiest look when you try and get her out for feeding time (she won't eat in it).

Koth:
Honestly, I have no idea what's up with him. He's been acting so strange lately. He'll hunt a superworm, kill it, and drop it. I'm thinking he doesn't like the the repashy anymore so I'll try without it tomorrow. If he keeps this up and starts loosing any weight, I'm going to take him to the vet as this is very worrisome for me.

Phoenix:
He's been doing well. Calling the vet tomorrow about what to do about his shots as it's getting really frustrating and difficult. Also, Phoenix won't eat for Paul, but he'll eat for me fine. The last three days Paul's been helping me out by feeding him and nothing. Today I fed him and he ate three worms. I think we might have a problem....

Well, that's all for now. Huge post. :lol: Paul's on his way home from work now, not that we have much time together tonight anyways. Have a good night everyone.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds good, making extra $ from your grandma for cleaning, benefits both of you!

Glad your babies are doing well, next time Sorin gets on your back, just sit down on your bed & he'll drop off to something soft, then you can scoop him up. Glad to hear about the snuggles :D

I agree about Koth, strange behaviour, might he have parasites? But then again, maybe it is the repashy, can you put some repashy in a dish in his hide so he can eat it if he wants? Otherwise you'd put calcium on the worm, then vit/min once a week? Good luck with him.

I'm so glad Ava is getting better! She's a cutie

And Nissa is good, I saw the pic of her in Holly's hide, she's so cute! So much personality!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I tried lying down, but he hunkers down. It doesn't matter too much as my grandpa loves the reptiles and likes getting visits with them. He adores Phoenix and every time I bring him down, he asks "And how are you today?" "His tail is looking so much better." "His legs and paws are looking good." "I love his coloration and pattern." And Phoenix doesn't mind any of it for the most part.

I leave a dish in each of their vivs of the repashy. Will just have to cross my fingers and hope. Or maybe it's me. I told Paul about it last night when he got home from work and he said that he's never had that problem when feeding Koth. So I don't know.

Both Ava and Nissa are doing really well. So that's all good.

As for me I woke up at 5:30 this morning unprovoked. I don't even know why my body said wake up when it still feels so tired.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks for stopping by, H's mom. I'm glad Phoenix is doing well as well. He has so much life and pep in him.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I just realized that today is Nissa's birthday! So...

688rJ5B.png

2Z6nA6W.jpg

She's such a great girl and has grown so much since April. She decided not to eat tonight, but I'll let it slide for her birthday. I wish I could have bought her a hornworm or something, but funds suck. Instead she got new eco-earth for her hide. :) Anyways, have a happy birthday night, Nissa. We all love you lots.

Sorin is next next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom