Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, Koth, & Phoenix -->Vet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Liz and I have been a member of this website for a year now. I have had another blog about my reptilian babies (http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=185026), but am starting a new one. I want to start the new year with a clean slate - especially since it will also start with a new moon. I want to move on from the problems of the past and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead.
A little about me: I'm twenty-two years old and am an author - (A Shadow's Lullaby by: E. Rexer). I go to Western New England as a Creative Writing major with a minor in Philosophy. I own six reptiles, three bearded dragons and three leopard geckos. I have been with my boyfriend, Paul, for four years. I currently work two jobs - Heritage Woods (assistant living) and Table and Vine (liquor store) though I did try to quit Heritage Woods and was guilt tripped into working there per diem (once a month). I will be putting in my two weeks notice with them in February. Unfortunately it is a sad job and emotionally I cannot handle it anymore. Table and Vine doesn't give me the hours I would like, but I worked out a deal with my grandfather that will help me out financially. Now enough about me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree, at least Puff is sort of eating out of her bowls, I'm not going to be hand feeding another one, that's for sure. Luckily she's very fat, so can lose some weight, if that's what it takes :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I hear you. The leos are technically hand fed as well. So Sorin is the only independent baby.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So big news:

Nissa and Ava got their first big girl viv. Paul and I did a lot of running around yesterday. We bought a 40g breeder and all the other stuff we needed. Then we used plexiglass and caulking to set up the partition. Today was their first day - caulking needed 24 hours to try. Ava explored right a way and Nissa went and hid. :roll: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, that's great, wonder if Nissa will get used to it soon? Glad it all went well, need pics, though!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's not entirely finished yet. Maybe Friday morning I can get Paul to help me do a leo photo shoot. I don't have school on Friday and he only has one class.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Take advantage of them and rest your mind. At least this session will be done by late April, that's when school is done, right? Good luck with your schedule, I know you'll do well.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
First week of May is our last week of school - that's finals week.

I just feel like there is so much to so and no time to do it, you know? And then when I do have free time all I want to do is lounge around instead of something useful. Procrastination will be the death of me. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No, procrastination after homework is done, is good for you. You have to rest yourself to have more energy to get the work done. It'll go fast, just bear with it. And it will be worth it once it's done.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Update:

Enclosures:

So Ava and Nissa got their first big girl vivs. I sprung for a 40g instead of two 20g's because it takes up less room. The floor and walls are laminate tiles cut to size with a box cutter. The partition is plexiglass that Paul had cut and installed with caulking.

oJ5RtWu.jpg

a2QTnZR.jpg

pT1xhEU.jpg

6XOqLrb.jpg

LNfoAUB.jpg

Sorin used to be on loose tile so we bought cardboard and put laminate tile down on it so now it covers the entire floor. He does have UVB, it was just in the way of the picture.

mnrQYBu.jpg

Jace and Zy also got new laminate floors and all beardie's got higher wattage flood lights. I noticed that their temps were a little lower than they should have been so I'm hoping the higher temps will encourage more eating.

Jace:
FYyn9l7.jpg

Zy:
3lXkxWQ.jpg

Ava:
She's doing well - eating more and growing well. She walks better, but her turns are still uncoordinated and tipsy and her toes still need assistance when she sheds. Paul gave her a sauna today and one of her toes started to bleed a little from the dead skin removal. She's doing all right now and it never agitated her once - we're not sure she even noticed.

Exploring her new home:
yYkw0V0.jpg

ynIy36H.jpg

qF85vqh.jpg

mR85te9.jpg

E9Z7Fu9.jpg

She's trying to absorb calcium and vitamins:
ZtYRgTA.jpg

After her sauna:
5EKpSpa.jpg

vAJcvYQ.jpg

yF1NFC1.jpg

ndSPwra.jpg

qq9QIBi.jpg

90bdivj.jpg

Nissa:
She is also doing well - her appetite is staying with her. Her tail is nice and fat. She has already determined her poop corner. That was her one and only priority when moving in. You would have thought she was a boy marking her territory. Nissa is also having problems with shedding her toes.

GrbBxVP.jpg

eEeICbv.jpg

"Exploring" her new home:
NAOTwJ7.jpg

JTe7r64.jpg

And she's out!... Also in the calcium and vitamin dish:
5i8owKY.jpg

XnEwDDW.jpg

NTI4YQ4.jpg

7enVr5S.jpg

arDFJku.jpg

Koth:
Poor boy just started shedding so sadly I only have one picture of him. I didn't want to disturb him any more than I had to.

His favorite place:
LITeSYl.jpg

Jace:
Here are a few of Jace to make up for the zip of Koth.

Vb55NuA.jpg

HIvbtcI.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Koth's viv didn't get revamped, but I haven't posted a pic of it on my new thread so here it is:
DjZspQG.png

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for all the pics, your girls are beautiful! And love the new viv. That pic of Jace poking his head over the blanket is priceless, he's so gorgeous! Even though you think you're not giving your babies enough attention, you actually are, they're all healthy & happy and that's all you can ask for. :D

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, they are beauty queens, aren't they? I'm not going to lie, Nissa wasn't exactly the cutest baby ever, but now she's grown into herself so well.

I'm glad you liked the vivs. I slaved over them all day and Paul helped me while he was able to.

Yeah- that's the blanket wall of the play pen. He and Sorin both climb it so they can escape out into the living area, little stinkers.

I have to exchange the light bulbs - getting less heat now than before. The first bulbs we got were 23w with the power of 90w. Then we switched to pure 63w and now I'm going to try a 70/75w with the power of a 90w. Here's to hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom