Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, Koth, & Phoenix -->Vet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Liz and I have been a member of this website for a year now. I have had another blog about my reptilian babies (http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=185026), but am starting a new one. I want to start the new year with a clean slate - especially since it will also start with a new moon. I want to move on from the problems of the past and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead.
A little about me: I'm twenty-two years old and am an author - (A Shadow's Lullaby by: E. Rexer). I go to Western New England as a Creative Writing major with a minor in Philosophy. I own six reptiles, three bearded dragons and three leopard geckos. I have been with my boyfriend, Paul, for four years. I currently work two jobs - Heritage Woods (assistant living) and Table and Vine (liquor store) though I did try to quit Heritage Woods and was guilt tripped into working there per diem (once a month). I will be putting in my two weeks notice with them in February. Unfortunately it is a sad job and emotionally I cannot handle it anymore. Table and Vine doesn't give me the hours I would like, but I worked out a deal with my grandfather that will help me out financially. Now enough about me.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Mylo is about 84g I think.

Sorin climbed out of his cage, squeezed under the door, climbed up my DVD rack, and fell asleep on my dvd's. He's now cuddled up with me under my hoody.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorin is like Puff, she likes to squeeze under things, to. Ended up behind the heavy TV partition by squeezing in under it. So she can't be out unless I'm around. Luckily she can't get out of her tank. It'll be good to get Sorin in his own tank, that's for sure. Guess he wanted to see a movie, maybe?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I have no idea what's up Sorin's butt. :lol: This morning I did, however, take another approach to his escaping. I took him out in the play pen and made him run for about 10 minutes. All I had to do was brush his tail gently and he would bolt off. Worked him out until he was good and tired and wouldn't run anymore. Makes me sound like a bad mom, but I rather this than him escaping and getting into some major trouble.

The rain is terrible today. It's pouring and on top of that the wind is so freaking strong. My pant leg is soaked and now my legs are cold. It will not be a fun day today. One of my teachers cancelled class for the week so that gives me a little less traveling in the rain.

Holly gave us her rain and now she has snow. I told her to please not send that our way. All of my snow finally melted. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I heard there was still rotten weather your way, what a drag. It's sunny today, here, hopefully it lasts.

That is a great idea to poop Sorin out, that way he's more likely to stay in his pen & try not to escape. He sounds like a very active beardie puppy :lol: After all beardies are called scaley puppies, so knocking him out in advance is a great idea :lol:

Well, hopefully that rain & wind goes away for you.

Say Hi to Holly for me, would you?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yeah, it's going to get cooler before it gets warmer. Friday while I'm cleaning Paul's going to get a little bit of work done on the armoire and then Sunday it should hopefully be finished.

It certainly did tire Sorin out - I just hope he doesn't get a second wind while I'm gone. It's also good as it gets him some handling time as well so we address two birds in one lesson. He is a little puppy - thank god he doesn't chew on things like one though,

I did, and Holly sends a Hi back. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I hope you tell Holly that I miss her a lot.

I'm sorry spring doesn't seem to want to spring in your area, hopefully soon.

Sorin is just one a kind!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I did and she misses you too. I've been working on dragging her onto the website again lol. Her laptop is deader than dead so all she has to use is her table so that's one of the reasons why she hasn't come back. She's thinking about it though. I'm a working hard on her. :lol:

Sorin is weird.

Last night Nissa and Koth were weird. They just wanted out and to run around. They never are like that. Maybe because of nice weather they're feeling full of themselves. I just don't know with leos. Koth still won't eat. He's definitely more alert though.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Photos:
Here are some random pictures taken recently - was cleaning out my phone, but didn't want to forget to share these pictures with you before they got put away into folders.

Phoenix:
wuUFuMX.jpg

xT323kE.jpg

Such a lazy bum, doesn't even come out all the way to eat. :roll: :lol:
GIPPuZ5.jpg

i4Q3MMB.jpg

Y1ijuo8.jpg

sNxdKY3.jpg

qUey7Dl.jpg

KCzam8d.jpg

Nissa:
Coming out because she knows it's dinner time:
kW5eNut.jpg

"I want out, mom!"
4mEnOKW.jpg

firMmaC.jpg

Holly and I joked about making the top picture into a poster for Mylo :lol:

Zy:
She has recently decided that her bed is now one of the branches - so not comfy to look at:
xNDFoGD.jpg

Koth:
"I'm just going to stare at you like I'm possessed"
lmRxMJH.jpg

f8DdTxE.jpg

OY741Z8.jpg

eyqDn0M.jpg

Sorin:
Sorry for the bad lighting - this is where Paul found him:
AJ7ogcQ.jpg

Stinky:
I went to get apple juice and in he went:
UGEmu9p.jpg

9mCoZxf.jpg

bTdyPnG.jpg

Well, that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed them!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I did, especially Stinky in the fridge looking for food. Doesn't he realize that it's cold in there?

And Koth, that was so cute, the first pic & his smile; he does look a bit koo-koo.
Hopefully he eats soon.

Sorin found a great place to sleep, quiet and comfy. Glad you found him, though.

Zy likes her wood better? Well they do change their mind and what seems comfy to them never seems comfy to us :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Stinky has a thick skull. :lol:

That was the most normal position I ever saw Sorin sleep in. :roll:

So here is a comparative picture of Mylo and Nissa (the pic of Mylo is from today I believe):
3J0GaZx.png

Such twins!

Here's a video of Koth reacting to Nissa - it's all in the tails. (All my boys fail at being boys lol)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I thought Mylo was supposed to be much bigger than Nissa, or is it just the photo?
So Koth doesn't do much but move his tail, is that the leo version of "I want to make with you?" Remember when I had Jolene & Thresh over & we took pics of each of my boys beside her? None of them did anything but look at her, even Gabriel. They just don't have a clue either...maybe they're just gay :lol: They love to show off their beards, bob and stamp their feet but have no idea how to mate. Weird. Good think I'm not into breeding :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's the picture. The picture Holly sent me of Mylo is a picture of a picture and because Nissa is standing up on something instead of on a flat surface, it helps her look bigger. Mylo has about 20g on her.

The tail wagging means they feel threatened and are using their tail as bate. Or when they get really into hunting they wave their tail like a cat does.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
After talking a lot with Chastity last night about Koth, decided not to wait and go ahead with a vet visit. He's continued to drop weight and looked really skinny in the picture I sent her. The appointment is for Friday at 8:40am so I will update you after the appointment what the plan of attack is. Will be using my savings money for it so that means less will be going to help Paul. Unfortunately this needs to be done.

It snowed sometime during the night and all of it froze over into ice - no fun there. So cold here and it was 74 on Monday. What happened?

Didn't have the time to tire Sorin out this morning so poop. I hope he behaves, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I have work tonight so it will be Paul taking care of the babies.

I had to order 1000 supers just to keep my numbers up. With Phoenix around 500 supers a month just isn't cutting it. Hopefully I'll get them Saturday.

Well, off to do homework as I've been a wee bit behind getting everything taken care of. :roll: Oh well. Wish me luck.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good luck with Koth on Friday, hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll be right as rain soon.

Have no idea what happened to your spring, I mean it's mid April already, sheesh, should all be gone by now. Sorry to hear this, it's all over the east right now. It's raining over here and cold, too, but no ice, thank goodness.

Good luck getting your school work done, won't you be glad to be done!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So a quick update:

Jace still goes to bed pretty early - part of me thinks he doesn't know how to climb back onto his hammock so he sulks underneath though I have seen him climb onto it on his own plenty of times. Lazy bum.

Zy is still doing little poops, but has expressed no interest in digging.

Sorin hasn't climbed out yesterday or the day before. Will probably work with him some this morning. Paul and I think he just wants attention which is why he escapes and that when he gets attention, he doesn't find the need to escape. Who knows?

Ava seems to be doing well. Hard to say. Measurements tomorrow.

Nissa is a happy and fat girl. Chastity and I spent a lot of time talking about Nissa's morph and it was confusing Chastity a lot as she has a tremper's colors but a bell's eyes. The only thing though is that her eyes aren't sensitive to the light like bell's and breeders haven't really done any cross breeding of the two morphs that she heard of. In the end, took her to Petco and the reptile associate said tremper so there we go. She's a tremper.

Koth ate last night...and pooped it right out. :roll: He still needs a check up anyways even if he is eating. He and Nissa are the last to need a check up. Then it is all over.

Phoenix is doing well. He's getting a wee bit round and very energetic. He needs a place to run - will be working on that for him as soon as everything else has settled down.

Will be buying paint today for my bedroom. How exciting! :roll: :lol: I'm a bigger fan of cleaning than of painting. I need to finish up cleaning before I can begin to think about painting though. And I need Paul to help me fill up the holes in the plaster.

Well, off to feed the babies and then to school for my one class at 3:30pm. I just go to school so early as it makes it a wee bit easier to concentrate on my work though I already cleaned my living room this morning...finally. It was getting pretty bad by my standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom