It's For Real Now... I Just Bought My First Beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Saying that I'm super excited right now is a major understatement. I just got off the phone with a breeder after sealing the deal on one of their babies. He's a translucent male measuring about 7" long and he's coming from Bloodbank Dragons.

I originally wanted a dragon with a lot of orange or red coloring, but you know how sometimes when you see someone or something you just get that feeling that you know it's meant to be? Well, when I first saw this little guy's photo that's the feeling I got instantly. I immediately bookmarked his photo so I could look at him frequently and boy have I been looking! :lol:

Getting him poses one problem for me though. I was so sure that I'd be getting an orange or red dragon (that's what I thought I really wanted) that the names I had picked out were Cinder and Solas. Both of these names seem fitting for a red/orange dragon. With this little guys coloring, I don't feel like they fit. So now I'm back to square one trying to pick a name. It'll be fun though! :)

Anyway, here's the photo of him from Bloodbank Dragons website if you want to see him... :lol: ... like you wouldn't want to! ;) .

DSC08188.jpg

Mcynn

Congratulations thats one cute dragon. I too just got a beardie (for Christmas) from Barry and Kisa and the time they take with you is much appreciated. We love our "Brady". Have fun with him and I know your excitement.

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! I can't wait to get him home. I've absolutely obsessing over him since I first saw his picture. :D

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
congrats !!! He's a doll ! ANy names yet ? When will you get him ?? Let the countdown begin !!! Woo hoo !! Oh and just so you know, new beardies / slaves are required to post pics daily... until we are satisfied..

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks! If everything goes as planned, he'll get here bright and early Saturday, 1/9.

As for names, I have 3 that I'm flip flopping on as of right now, but of course that could change. The top running names so far are...

- Dewey - I just think it sounds kind of cute.
- Khalen (pronounced Cal-ann) - I got addicted to that Supernanny show and there was a little boy named Khalen on one of the episodes. I really liked the name. :)
- Pixel - Cute name for a little baby, plus I love photography so it fits.

I'm open to suggestions as well if you guys think a certain name fits him. :)

Also, no problem on posting photos. As I said above I love photography and I'm sure he'll be a treat to photograph! :)

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Dude! You're ending up beating us after all!! We're picking ours up on Sunday! :D

He's really cute! And of course, now your other thread has ME pondering a blanky for our beardie!

Personally, out of those three, I HATE Khalen. (I'd like it better if it were pronounced "cail-en," but not much.) I'm "eh" on Dewey, and I like Pixel a lot. Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Steve

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
His name will come to you once you get him home and get to know him and his personality. I had no idea what I was gong to name Kiera until after I got her home and settled in, then it just kind of came to me...
so...while you have three names you are contemplating, once you get him home, you may end up choosing something entirely different :D
I do like Pixel alot though...it is very cute!!

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sbattisti":294a9 said:
Dude! You're ending up beating us after all!! We're picking ours up on Sunday! :D

He's really cute! And of course, now your other thread has ME pondering a blanky for our beardie!

Personally, out of those three, I HATE Khalen. (I'd like it better if it were pronounced "cail-en," but not much.) I'm "eh" on Dewey, and I like Pixel a lot. Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Steve
Steve, so sorry! I thought of that too, I'll be one day ahead of you. I thought for sure you'd beat me on this one. I just couldn't pass on him and I was afraid if I tried waiting much longer he'd be taken by someone else! Go ahead and get a blankie for your baby. It seems to be the thing to do! :) As for the names, I'm leaning more towards Dewey and Pixel. I really do love the name Khalen, but I think the others are more fitting for a dragon. Another cool thing I thought of about Dewey is one of my favorite soft drinks is Mountain DEW. :) I still have some thinking to do so other names may pop up too. :)

puffsmama":294a9 said:
so...while you have three names you are contemplating, once you get him home, you may end up choosing something entirely different :D I do like Pixel alot though...it is very cute!!
Thanks for the input. He may very well have the deciding factor once he arrives. I'm having a hard time with this one for some reason. I tend to like naming my animals ahead of time for some reason. Both of my dogs were named before I even met them and they do fit them well. :)

ProjectParanoia":294a9 said:
I really love the name Dewey. It's so cute XD
And that's a gorgeous dragon. I especially love his eyes :]
Thanks, his eyes are awesome. Once I saw them I knew! :D

Mcynn

One more vote for Dewey from our clan. I do like the name Pixel though too but Dewey reigns supreme. Just my 2 cents :) Congrats again and cat wait for pics. Love those blue eyes too. What's the scoop on the blankie so I can get our Brady one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom