is this enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INCA

Hatchling Member
well i have 10 adults bds and a colony of dubia. i have about 200 adult dubia females. im not very good at math but is this enough to maintain the colony while feeding them out. (nympths)

patrickb

Juvie Member
Should be plenty, even if I use my conservative number for estimation that's going to be 3000 nymphs per a month (really going to be more than that.) That would be about 70-75 roaches per a dragon each week and as adults they shouldn't be eating that many anyways. :)

INCA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok souns good. hopefully! but as they are adultsi would only feed adult male dubia. then i wont have enough :?

patrickb

Juvie Member
No reason to only feed the adult males. Feed off large nymphs as much as you like. The numbers above suggest your colony will be able to support it just fine. If you started feeding off the adult females, you would have no producers and it couldn't sustain itself.

Feeding nymphs, some will be females, but because of the numbers you know you won't be feeding off more than you are producing, thus you will have new females maturing to replace the older ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom