Is this a reason for concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
What a little fatty now! Love the way she's using her legs to support herself - well done to both of you :D . Great to see the pics, it's been wonderful the way you've kept us all informed - thanks, can't wipe the smile off my face to see her looking so good!!!

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's really doing great now. It's kinda cute, sometimes she half sits on her rump. It doesn't look very comfortable, but she seems to like it. I will try to get a pic of that if I can.

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey, just wanted to bump this so Tracie sees it and to post a pic of her on her rump. It's weird, it looks painful but she does it often...so I guess it doesn't hurt.

Picture005.jpg

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is doing really good, she's moving around quite well now. I think she has nerve damage in her lower half though. It seems she can move her back legs but I don't think she has alot of control. She's fine as long as she's going forward but, backwards is a bit trickier. I think that is how she ends up sitting on her rear. She runs into issues getting off the log if it is too close to the side of the tank. I also think she is dehydrated even though she seems to stay in her water bowl. I can't seem to make her drink water. Tried running water in her bath, pouring a cup slowly into the bath, I even tried a dropper. I think I may go back to baby food (squash) Does anyone know if the vegetable medley is ok for them? Usually I just give her squash when it is just baby food but it's been a while since I had to do that. I was thinking squash baby food and shred some collard greens. Usually I mix them but I have been having issues keeping it fresh. Honestly, I work alot and don't always have time to make it. I already know not to freeze it even for a week! Yuk! It smelled like spinach and looked like it. Any ideas are appreciated!

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
if she's sitting in the water and having baths she should be getting plenty of liquid through her skin even if she doesn't actually drink

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The only reason I suspect dehydration is because she has loose skin around her midsection. Like someone who lost took much weight and the skin didn't shrink. She seems to be fine though just wanted to make sure.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
she'll probably still need a bit of feeding up from being ill so long - that might account for it

I've just bought some reptaid for Trevor. He's been ill and off his food for ages, I'm hoping this will help him recover and wipe out any remaining parasites after his extensive treatment. I don't know if it works yet but I wanted to try something that didn't do any more damage to his system and it's supposed to increase appetite rather than suppress and he could really do with eating a bit more.

might be worth a shot
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=94618 f=2 ]

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's the one thing he doesn't have a problem with :lol: Even sick, she would anything that came near her... I do hope it helps Trevor though. Luckily, I haven't had to deal with parasites yet. Knock on wood.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
it's supposed to be a bit of a panacea - give it them for almost anything - which I'm not a great believer in, and, as I said already, he's only had one dose so I have no idea how good it will be for Trevor; just keeping my fingers crossed. Your girl is doing so well after all her troubles she probably doesn't need it anyway :D

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's doing great but I think she will be short and fat. She's already doubled her weight but she's not getting longer. I think her hump just gets taller. I think that is where the length is going. Hopefully, it won't cause problems down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom