Is my Beardie Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemetriC

I woke up today to find my Beardie laying flat beside his usual basking spot. Which is elevated, I'm a relatively new owner so perhaps I'm overreacting. So he's basically laying on his belly with all fours spread out, seems kinda lazy.

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
It sounds like what you are describing is "pancaking", assuming he's awake and his beard/chest is its normal color, they flatten completely out and soak up the heat. Mine will start stretching their legs out when they've reached that "oh so right" temperature.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Maybe you could try to take a picture of him for us in that position? Is his beard normal colored & are his eyes bright or sunken in?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today? Is he still pancaking or laying flat or has he been basking on his rock again?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

DemetriC

Original Poster
Hey guys sorry I've been busy at work this weekend. But from that day my beardie has been acting extremely strange. When he attempts to catch a cricket his head waves back and forth and he's been running in circles a lot. Almost like he's drunk. I'm worried

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Oh goodness, I'm no expert but that doesn't sound okay to me. What UVB source are you using, how old is it and do you provide calcium? Also, how do you keep him hydrated (baths,water bowl, etc.)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom