Status
Not open for further replies.

Taseandra

Original Poster
Hello Everyone!

So I believe my girl is gravid right now but i’m not sure. Last time she laid eggs, I didn’t even know that she was gravid, I let her out of her enclosure and boom there where some eggs. This time I want to be responsible and provide her with a lay box. I noticed about two weeks ago she gained some weight and I felt some bumps around her abdomen, I can even see the lumps sticking out of her side when she walks. Around that same time, she was going crazy, she was digging, glass surfing and running all around her enclosure. I didn’t think much of it cause it’s quite common for her to do that. Right now she is not digging or going crazy, she’s very relaxed just sun bathing and hanging out. She is still very excited about food and she’s eating both her greens and Dubai roaches. I’m not sure if I should put her in her lay box right now because she is not frantically digging and still eating. I’m wondering when it would be a good time to put her in her lay box or if she looks gravid at all? I attached some pics of her stomach, sorry for the weird position, I only had her like that for a few seconds. Thank you to everyone!! :)

Attachments

• 852AE4D2-C411-4C89-ABB6-7ECC893314E5.jpeg
    852AE4D2-C411-4C89-ABB6-7ECC893314E5.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 503
  • 3C8681D8-6914-4351-BC7A-49E58378C042.jpeg
    3C8681D8-6914-4351-BC7A-49E58378C042.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 9B5B2049-7E43-4937-882A-63FB6E3A0CD9.jpeg
    9B5B2049-7E43-4937-882A-63FB6E3A0CD9.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 158

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
You could always use a plastic container big enough for your dig mix and her to burrow a little with a lid and cut a hole in it and stick it on her cool side and she may end up in it on her own. So no digging yet? But is gaining and has notches under belly?

Taseandra

Original Poster
You could always use a plastic container big enough for your dig mix and her to burrow a little with a lid and cut a hole in it and stick it on her cool side and she may end up in it on her own. So no digging yet? But is gaining and has notches under belly?
No digging at the moment, she only went crazy digging two weeks ago. She's also not excited to come out right now, which is strange because she usually goes crazy to come out. She also recently has a greyish/black beard most of the time. When I rub my hand gently at the bottom of her stomach, I feel notches/bumps by the sides of her abdomen. Also, are you suggesting that I get a small bin and cut a hole at the top just big enough for her to squeeze through and put it in her enclosure?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Cause it sounds like she may if she has lumps in her tummy and moody. I’m not saying she is or isn’t but if your not sure how far along or any of that, you may add this to be safe and make her comfortable. You can even set her into it and if she wants out she can get out. Or she may do her thing lol

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I agree with LongFellow777. just to be safe, you need to put a laying box in there so that way if she does have eggs, then you would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom