Is it okay to let my beardie interact with my dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am worried about allowing my beardie to interact with my three dogs as one of them is a pit bull mix. I don't want anything bad to happen to him just because I let him roam around. Any advice?

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I would have the dogs crated, in an appropriate sized crate for each breed, before letting the lIzard roam. Do not let them interact with dogs and cats, especially ones with high prey drives.

Jetplane16

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply if I ever bring Charlie downstairs I will make sure the dogs are in their crates. I think he will just have to stay upstairs for now.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
VERY BAD IDEA to let your dogs interact with your beardie.

To a beardie a dog is a large predator and it will be stressed just by the presence of a dog nearby that it can see or smell. The apex predator in the natural range of bearded dragons is a dog known as a dingo (about the same size as an german shepherd) , these arrived with the first humans in Australia about 80k yrs ago and soon replaced the marcupial lions and Tasmanian devils and Tasmanian tigers who once roamed most of the continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom