Is it healthy for them?? CAN O CRICKETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
They probably aren't too bad, however anything that is cooked loses nutritional value so they probably aren't as good as live feeders. I don't think Spike would eat something dead out of a can, he requires his feeders to run around screaming before he crushes the life out of their little bodies and consumes them.

Eric

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The first 4 beardies we've had were the same way, they wouldn't go after any thing that wasn't moving. This includes the greens. We would have to trick them into eating the greens by putting them in their mouths when they were gaping.

Speedy and Zoom Zoom tend to eat the greens from their bowls when they are of a mind to. They will, however, eat the collards, bok choy or turnip greens if they are hungry enough. They are still babies, tho Speedy seems to be almost in the juvie stage.

tierra88

Original Poster
i spend so much money on crickets, it c-r-a-z-y, i buy almost 200 crix a week and that cost me about 25$. Is there anyway to buy them cheaper, but not buy bulk and not pay big amounts on shipping?

I fed mine some of those crickets for like the first two months I had my bearded dragon. If he' older than that buy some large crickets instead. The only thing you'll have to make them move so he can think they're alive. I never had a problem with those crickets, my beardie seams healthy and I spent approximatly 30$ a month.

NickZafo

yeah, become very friendly with a small reptile store owner :)
that's what i did at least. and he lets me buy at bulk price but only about 100 at a time. :blob5:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
tierra88":585b7 said:
i spend so much money on crickets, it c-r-a-z-y, i buy almost 200 crix a week and that cost me about 25$. Is there anyway to buy them cheaper, but not buy bulk and not pay big amounts on shipping?

What do you consider bulk? You can get 500 crickets, delivered for $25. I get them and keep them in a 10 gallon tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom