introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabs

hi got my lizard a couple of years ago for christmas he is a bit untame and scratches me but hes cute and i got him to sleep in my lap tonight for the first time and he even knows his name

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Hi and welcome! Beardies are awesome pets--I just took mine to preschool for show and tell this morning. :) When they aren't handled they do become "untame", however with time, patience, and a little effort you can probably change that. It sounds promising that you were able to hold him on your lap last night--that must have been awesome for you!!!

Sooo...what is his name and do you have any pictures to show us?

Tracy & Stella

sabs

Original Poster
i`ll show you some pictures and his name is sahara i do have pictures but i don`t know how to put them on

wingnuts

Juvie Member
If you get a free photobucket account you can upload your pictures to photobucket. Then copy the image code for the pictures and paste it into the body of a message. Then voila!!! You have pictures in your post. :D

gogga

Juvie Member
00020121.gif

Have you figured out the posting pics part yet? If not PM me

For the untame part.... PATIENCE (Something I have 0 of, but it does work)
Also if I may give some advice....

Try wrapping him in a blankie/towel like a burrito, maybe he will feel more secure till he warms up to you again and then also
If you pick him up and he squirms, don't put him back, pick him up again, talk softly and when he stops squirming hold him a few seconds longer and let him walk off your hand.

You can then also offer a little treat/reward.

If you let him go each time he squirms, he will associate it with "If I squirm, I get put down/left alone" where the other way he will learn "If I squirm, nothing happens, If I stop I get praised/treated and put back, they wont hurt me"

sabs

Original Poster
thanks for the advice and i do do the burito thing thats how i nearly lost him last night i have posted a story about when he nearly got lost its called a close call i`ll make my account now if it works

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Hi and Welcome,

Almost one year ago i adopted a 7 year old who wasn't handled properly, it has taken me this long to gain his trust but he still has the odd bad day.

When you are lifting him make sure you are holding his back legs and front legs, if they have nothing to grip they get wiggly! I found that when i was holding Fred, and i placed my other hand on his back, flat on him just very gently, not applying any pressure and talked to him in a low tone that settled him.

I now have him out every day he is still not sure when he decides to go for a walk and always looks at me as if to say " am i allowed" but he come such a long way and is a great we boy it was worth all the time and TLC!

sabs

Original Poster
I`m doing that beardie burrito and he is sleeping on my computer desk fast asleep.I have a small tank in my room he`s sleeping in that tonight for a change. :lol:

snowdrop

Juvie Member
So cute, spending time with him will be great! I have three, i work from 9-5 and then go home to my beardies and snakes, not much time left for housework and my fiance! lol

I love my 3, don't know what i would ever do with out them! Hope you get pics up soon, we all love pics on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom