Introducing Ragnar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redleg

This is Ragnar, our Bearded Dragon. We got him at the beginning of April. He is growing like crazy and is a very good eater. He was about 9 inches when we got him; he is now 15 inches.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, beautiful boy ! He's got firetiger colors , blazing orange with blue bars, very nice. :)

Redleg

Original Poster
Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, Ragnar is a looker. This probably sounds stupid, but I bought him sort of in spite of his appearance. He was marked up a fair amount more than the other dragons in the store and he was not selling because of the higher price, so after a couple of weeks of visiting him frequently I decided to give him a loving home. Here is his domain:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Great, love your set up. Lots of stuff for him to climb on for exercise and very spacious. One thing to be careful of, some of my dragons try to eat fake plants because they like greens and the fake ones can fool them. Just watch that he doesn't try....I can't keep greenery in my cages.

Redleg

Original Poster
Yes, I was worried about the fake green thing too, but Ragnar seems to have figured out that the greens for him to eat are the things in his bowl. No indication that he's tried to eat the plastic. If I catch him trying even one time the fake plants come out. He does like hiding within the fake plants sometimes.

EarlyUpLate

Wow! I love how intense that orange gets around the spines on his sides. Your Ragnar is one beautiful boy. Good on you for getting him despite the price. :D

dezismom

Juvie Member
Welcome! Ragnar is a beauty, no doubt! And I love the look of total concentration on his salad!! Great photos! Looks like he found himself a good home, lucky boy! Is he your first? Beardies are amazingly sweet and love to snuggle, have tons of communication, just great pets...as they get a bit older. As babies, they are all about eating, and not so snuggly. ?

Redleg

Original Poster
dezismom":19b06qpg said:
Welcome! Ragnar is a beauty, no doubt! And I love the look of total concentration on his salad!! Great photos! Looks like he found himself a good home, lucky boy! Is he your first? Beardies are amazingly sweet and love to snuggle, have tons of communication, just great pets...as they get a bit older. As babies, they are all about eating, and not so snuggly. ?

Ragnar is our third Beardie in about 18 years. Our Scarlett passed last year; she was a great girl and had all the attributes you describe. Ragnar is still a little skittish about being held and I am mostly focusing right now on getting him fattened up so that he can reach his full growth potential. He loves to eat and then bask. He is 15 inches right now, and although he did a full shed three weeks ago he is now starting a new shed, so he is growing fast!!

Ragnar after gorging on Dubias and hornworms:

dezismom

Juvie Member
Ragnar is a lucky boy to have such experianced owners! DeziLu is my first; I've had him since he was a hatchling, and he is only about 18 months old now, but already, I cannot imagine my life without him! I had not intended to be a Beardy owner; he was meant for someone else,who quickly lost interest, and I cannot have any creature neglected in my home. I never expected a reptile to have so much personality and charm! I tell people he is my perfect dog: no barking, no fleas, no smell, and all of the love. He even walks on a leash, and has a fancy dog carrier that looks like a designer handbag, so he can go just about anywhere with me! (and he does)

Wow, Ragnar is growing fast! He may turn out to be a big boy...My boy just passed the two foot mark. And is still growing! Only sheds about once a month now, so is slowing down. But since I am barely over five feet tall, Dezi looks even more enormous than he is! He makes quite an impression. I try to use that as an opportunity to educate people about the considerable effort and cost of keeping an exotic pet, so they don't rush out to buy a Beardy after being so charmed by Dez. ??

82765-2518597995.jpg
"I am both charming and magnificent! (and I know it)"

Redleg

Original Poster
Desi is a great looking Beardie! I hope Ragnar can equal his 24 inch size. Last week he was 15 inches and entering into a new shed. Hope he continues to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom