Introducing ourselves (finally) and Kaira. Updated, new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DragonFairy37":6c9ba said:
thanx i cant wait!!!! i am getting my first one tomorrow... i hope i am prepaired my mom doesnt like the idea of the crix or the strict schedule... i already have 2 turtles(bobert and herbert), 3 dogs (meeko,buddy, and cookie) and my sister is staying with us so we have her 2 dogs(shyla and bear). so... my mom says that i am a 13 year old girl and i should be thinking about other things and not so much about taking care of so many animals... i am in the middle of training 2 dogs... one with a housebreaking ishue and my turtles are alot of work... most people think turtles are the easiest things to take care of... they are wrong... but i think i am ready to take on a beardie and if not my other sister will help me does anyone have any tips on how to take care of them like how to keep the crix alive and how much it costs per month to care for them?

PM me with your questions and I'll try to answer them as best as I can...try to be specific. Some prefer that the thread stay on topic...I don't mind you posting on my thread, but I don't want it to bother anybody else when it's a question about general care and stuff. I'll help as much as possible and tell you where to go if I don't know the answer lol...which on some questions might be likely. Be sure to include the age and size of your beardie and at least the general set-up you have if you want to PM me...this will help me answer your questions better.
Abi

ToxikDragon

I love the dragon congradulations on your new little one. i love the colors. how was it buying the dragon online? i was always wondering how that worked. if i may ask, how much did you pay for your little one?

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ToxikDragon":7d646 said:
I love the dragon congradulations on your new little one. i love the colors. how was it buying the dragon online? i was always wondering how that worked. if i may ask, how much did you pay for your little one?
Thank you! :D
Buying a beardie online was actually a really good, smooth experience. I was sooo nervous at first, but the breeder (Anthony) at http://www.annapolisbeardeddragon.com really easied my worries and walked me through it step by step (and, if you read the entire thread, he continues to answer my questions). I believe a lot of it is about how the breeder treats their customers...a good breeder answers all your questions and truly cares about their babies. This is exactly why we chose Anthony...plus we couldn't resist our sweet little Kaira. :love5: I highly recommend him as a breeder and if it weren't for the fact that his next clutch of babies have the same mom as Kaira, we would be getting another beardie from that clutch.
Here's a direct link to Kaira's clutch and info...she's #9. Look at her parents too, if you get a chance (Ed and Snow Flake), they're absolutely beautiful!
http://www.annapolisbeardeddragon.com/check_out
Abi

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
flinters":ce54d said:
Ernesto finally came! YAY! He is amazing! Anyway I could go on forever but I have the full story and PICS here---------------->http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=86286
He looks great! So handsome. He'll calm down, I read the posts about Anthony working with him. Kaira is as sweet as can be and I'm sure with a little more time, he'll quit biting! Kaira's never tried that, but she LOVES to be held and explore (which scares me in a big room!)
Abi
P.S. Cute name!

Laurmann2000

Juvie Member
I just want to put in my 2 cents on buying online too, if you don't mind. Originally I had planned to buy from a breeder who was close enough to me that I could go and pick up the baby. But after researching and reading I found Annapolis Bearded Dragon (Anthony) to be so attentive, and so helpful that I really felt I wanted to buy from him. My baby is being shipped today and I just received the tracking number from him. So far everything has been perfect and easy. I much prefer buying from someone I've been in contact with and that I know is knowledgeable and helpful than risk getting an unhealthy dragon from either a pet store or someone I don't "know".
flinters Eeek, I looked at your baby and he's adorable. I just love his name and I'm so happy you love him.

ToxikDragon

right on, on the online shipping. if i were to get the oposite sex of the dragon i have now could they cage together. cuz eventually i want a citrus one. and also mine looks sortta citrus on his head. im not sure if its just the lighting but even my parents see it.

flinters

Hatchling Member
More about Anthony: He's the best! So nice and like everyone else said, he actually CARES, which is one of the reasons I bought from him. He also packed Ernesto extremely well and made sure that UPS knew he was LIVE and to be handled with care. If you ever do order online, go with Anthony! :D

Oh and you should never house beardies together, they can get very territorial.

ToxikDragon

nice nice. i might have to do that. maybe when this dragon passes ill get a more expencive one online thats like blood red.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ToxikDragon":b091e said:
nice nice. i might have to do that. maybe when this dragon passes ill get a more expencive one online thats like blood red.
Ummmm...how old is your beardie? Sorry...the way they was put in typing makes it seem as though you want it to pass...it could just be a misunderstanding from "internet talk" though. I'd love Kaira just the same if she wasn't the color she is...she's my baby girl :D .

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a question for anybody (Anthony??). Kaira is shedding...her tail went fine, now she's working mostly on her feet and legs. Well, she keeps rubbing on her ramp/log thing and rocks...I know this is normal, but it looks like she cut one of her back feet in the process. It's not a large cut, it's red and had a little dot of blood, in a really small spot. I know this happens, but she seems so uncomfortable (obviously) and now she's cut her foot. I've been giving her a bath more often since she started shedding her body. Is there anything else I can do to "help" her. Should I put something on the cut? Her toes are still shedding on that foot, along with the rest of her leg...that all looks fine. I know there's a few things that are safe to put on a cut like that but I can't remember what and I don't know if I should or not???
Thanks,
Abi

Laurmann2000

Juvie Member
Oh poor baby. I don't know what you should put on it but maybe a little antibiotic cream? I hope she feels better soon. I'm not used to such slow sheds. My snake shed his full skin in one day and all in one piece. I wish the beardies did that. It would be so much easier on them. Hope she feels better soon. BTW I got my little guy from Anthony and I LOVE him. He arrived yesterday and he's just like Kaira in that he gets more stress marks in the cage than out. :shock:

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Laurmann2000":9ad8a said:
Oh poor baby. I don't know what you should put on it but maybe a little antibiotic cream? I hope she feels better soon. I'm not used to such slow sheds. My snake shed his full skin in one day and all in one piece. I wish the beardies did that. It would be so much easier on them. Hope she feels better soon. BTW I got my little guy from Anthony and I LOVE him. He arrived yesterday and he's just like Kaira in that he gets more stress marks in the cage than out. :shock:
I know I feel so bad for her. I don't know if I should wait and see how it heals itself or go ahead and treat it just in case. I wouldn't want it to get infected. I know there is something specific to put on their "wounds" that is safe, but I just can't remember the name of it!
I've had snakes before too...the get a little cranky too...but I can't blame them, they can't see well when they are shedding. I agree though, beardies have it much worse. I just wish there was more I could do...I know it's normal and they have to do it, but it's so hard to watch her be so uncomfortable :( .
Do you have pics of your little guy up? Can you post the thread? Let me know if you put some up! :D I want to see him!
Isn't it so sweet that they do that? Well in a way, I don't like to see Kaira stressed, but I like to know she enjoys my company.
Abi

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
amalsg07":87197 said:
I have a question for anybody (Anthony??). Kaira is shedding...her tail went fine, now she's working mostly on her feet and legs. Well, she keeps rubbing on her ramp/log thing and rocks...I know this is normal, but it looks like she cut one of her back feet in the process. It's not a large cut, it's red and had a little dot of blood, in a really small spot. I know this happens, but she seems so uncomfortable (obviously) and now she's cut her foot. I've been giving her a bath more often since she started shedding her body. Is there anything else I can do to "help" her. Should I put something on the cut? Her toes are still shedding on that foot, along with the rest of her leg...that all looks fine. I know there's a few things that are safe to put on a cut like that but I can't remember what and I don't know if I should or not???
Thanks,
Abi

Hey Abi,

Yes if it worries you, you can put Neosporin on the little cut once every day... And for everyone to know you can remove the flaked skin from your dragons, just try not to force any off! If your humidity is right(40%-70%) it will just peel off like the skin of a rip peach! But most hobbiest are not confident or comfortable doing this... So your dragon will thank you if you just rub the flaking areas as the separated skin will fall off and will be less work the the dragon. (It's kind of like itching their back, just like your dog likes it when you itch them)

If you have any more questions about this just ask, but giving them frequent baths when they are shedding is the best thing you can do as it keeps their skin soft!

Anthony

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
beardedwizard":9209b said:
Hey Abi,

Yes if it worries you, you can put Neosporin on the little cut once every day... And for everyone to know you can remove the flaked skin from your dragons, just try not to force any off! If your humidity is right(40%-70%) it will just peel off like the skin of a rip peach! But most hobbiest are not confident or comfortable doing this... So your dragon will thank you if you just rub the flaking areas as the separated skin will fall off and will be less work the the dragon. (It's kind of like itching their back, just like your dog likes it when you itch them)

If you have any more questions about this just ask, but giving them frequent baths when they are shedding is the best thing you can do as it keeps their skin soft!

Anthony
Anthony,
Thanks for the quick response. Is there any specific type of Neosporin that I should use? Or is any fine? I have the maximum strength + pain relief. That's about where her humidity stays. And she lets me know when she wants to be misted too. I'm going to give her a bath here in a little bit...she just woke up an hour ago, so I want to give her a bit longer. I also let her walk around on a towel, which seemed to catch some of the skin and she seemed to like it. I will lightly rub her back and beard, actually, which she seems to like also. She's so sweet, never "puffs" at me or anything and lets me know when she wants something (she opens her mouth and turns her head towards me and does it differently for each thing she wants :D ). Thank you so much!
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom