Introducing ourselves (finally) and Kaira. Updated, new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayleyandbez

dont worry you didnt come across as rude!! what substrate is it you use for ur beardie? that link is great thanks,will have a look now! thanks again

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
More pics, I feel bad for her...the shedding has made her a little nutty!!!
These two were taken a few weeks back...they sleep in what looks like the most uncomfortable ways. :D
007c3cee.jpg

OPPS :? , I woke her up...she fell right back to sleep, in the same position.
de5a4792.jpg

I know you can't see her, well much of her, but I think the picture is cool...the water in mid-air. Yes she has a water dish and actually really likes that it is there...she took off across her cage in this one though and landed in the dish then kept going lol.
af6a15ad.jpg

She's so pretty!
6e407a59.jpg

I gave her a bath (yesterday), which seemed to help with the shedding...she seems pretty relaxed.
f9da3742.jpg

Here's her tail (the first body part to shed, I felt so bad because she kept rubbing her belly on the rocks and wiggling her tail...I have to admit, it was pretty cute though.)
174522f7.jpg

This one was taken today...I put her silkies too close to her cage and she was letting me know she wanted some. :roll: She does this everytime she's ready to eat.
80c01658.jpg

There's our baby...I'll try to post more soon. :D
Abi

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
very cute :love5: . i especially love the one where she has her mouth slightly agape.

you sure do have a cute little dragon :wink: .

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
jscott":80ed4 said:
very cute :love5: . i especially love the one where she has her mouth slightly agape.

you sure do have a cute little dragon :wink: .
Thank you! She does it all the time...she sees those worms or even the red cup I use to get her crickets out of their tub and she does the same thing. I'm glad I finally got a pic of her doing it...she's looking directly at the worms, just waiting lol...not patiently. She'll only eat the worms off of a plastic knife/spoon/fork or out of our hands :roll: ...this is going to have to change, but right now I don't mind feeding her like a baby :love5: Although, I'm teaching her "bad habits"...I guess.
How do you get your videos on here? I use photobucket for pics, is it as easy to do with videos? I have one of her eating a silkie and would like to post it...it's cute. :D
Abi

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
if your videos are on your computer simply upload them onto photobucket like you would a picture. you may have to re-format them to AVI but maybe not.

hope to see that video!

Laurmann2000

Juvie Member
Oh wow she looks so big in the picture where you are holding her. What a beautiful dragon she is. It sure if funny how she sleeps with her head all bent back. You would think that they would end up with such a stiff neck but I guess now or she would have moved when you woke her. Love the picture of the plattering water. Great action shot. She really looks like a lot of fun. Only three more days for my baby boy to arrive. BTW where do you buy your silkies from and do you give her crickets as a staple and just some silkies or more like 50/50 or some other ratio?

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I got the first silkies for mulberryfarms.com, but now they are having permit problems, so I have eggs on the way from coastalsilkworms.com. I have about 100 silkies to breed though, they got too big for Kaira. So right now it's more crickets than silkies, but hopefully, if I can get the silkworm thing down it will be 50/50 constantly, with a few "treats" every once in awhile.
I was really happy with Mulberry Farms, hopefully it'll be the same with coastalsilkworms.
Let me know when you get your baby!
Abi

flinters

Hatchling Member
She's getting big! I hope mine is that big when he comes TOMORROW! I got the brat of the bunch according to Anthony, he likes to do whatever he wants! That's alright with me though, it will be nice to have a beardie with a lot of personality :D

Where do you get your crix btw? I got mine from premiumcrickets.

DragonFairy37

Hatchling Member
omg she is soooo cute... i am gettting one tomorrow... have you ever had a beardie before or is this your first one...

Laurmann2000

Juvie Member
Thanks for the info on the silkies. Let me ask you something. What are you going to do with 100 silkies that your dragon can't eat? I think I'm worrying too much about the feeding issue. I keep thinking...what should I get and from where? Can I actually keep crickets in the house. I'm so bug phobic. LOL
Flinters Eeek, tomorrow!!! I''m so excited for you. Please post pics of your feisty baby and let us know where the pics are. I'm so afraid of missing your post. Also let us know how you like him and what name you decide on. Naming them is almost as fun as getting them. LOL

flinters

Hatchling Member
Laurmann2000":50392 said:
Flinters Eeek, tomorrow!!! I''m so excited for you. Please post pics of your feisty baby and let us know where the pics are. I'm so afraid of missing your post. Also let us know how you like him and what name you decide on. Naming them is almost as fun as getting them. LOL
I know I have no idea how I'm going to get to sleep tonight!! I already took the day off from work tomorrow, told them I was going to see some family in the hospital......... :twisted: .........

Anyway, I will make a new thread in the Introductions area most likely, but just to make sure you find it I will post the link here too. I think I already found a name LOL, Ernesto! But I'm not sure yet, I might name him something more appropriate for his attitude :twisted: .

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
I know I have no idea how I'm going to get to sleep tonight!! I already took the day off from work tomorrow, told them I was going to see some family in the hospital......... .........
Too Funny!!!
Kaira is simply stunning!

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This is going to be a long post...sorry lol.

flinters":128f1 said:
She's getting big! I hope mine is that big when he comes TOMORROW! I got the brat of the bunch according to Anthony, he likes to do whatever he wants! That's alright with me though, it will be nice to have a beardie with a lot of personality :D

Where do you get your crix btw? I got mine from premiumcrickets.
She really is getting big. I can't believe it. She's already doubled in weight since we've had her :D . Wasn't your little guy the one who bit everybody else? LOL. He's a handsome baby.
I ran out of crickets, so my boyfriend and I have been taking turns going to the local pet store. (Which I thought I was going to lose it with, one of their baby beardie's head looked like it just about got smashed...it was so sad, we were about ready to take both of them home due to the fact that they were NOT getting the care they needed and it's likely the little guy will die, we just couldn't though, we don't have the room yet and he needed to see a vet immediately. I took some pictures of him, they weren't good ones, but still and Lucas called the nearest humane society. They're getting reported.) Sorry, I had to rant about that, it makes me sooooooooooo mad :angry5: . I won't be buying anything from them again...maybe just try to catch them again. We have crickets and silkie eggs on the way... premiumcrickets is where I get them also...best shipping and they give you good tracking info...good service in general. Silkie eggs from coastalsilkworms, as mulberryfarms is having some issues.
Make sure you post some pics (let me know when you do please :D )
DragonFairy37":128f1 said:
omg she is soooo cute... i am gettting one tomorrow... have you ever had a beardie before or is this your first one...
I had a few several years back...I was too busy with friends/school/teenage stuff and didn't know all that I should have about them. So, I do have experience, I regret giving them away, but I couldn't take care of them at the time. Now we have Kaira and the time and most of the info...we're still learning. Couldn't be happier with our little sweetie. Congrats on your baby! :D
Laurmann2000":128f1 said:
Thanks for the info on the silkies. Let me ask you something. What are you going to do with 100 silkies that your dragon can't eat? I think I'm worrying too much about the feeding issue. I keep thinking...what should I get and from where? Can I actually keep crickets in the house. I'm so bug phobic. LOL
No problem, glad I could help some. I'm still learning though...hoping they spin soon so I have room for the eggs!!! So I'm breeding the 100 she can't eat. :shock: That's going to be a lot of silkies to breed for the first time around, but we;ll see how things go. Stop stressing over the feeding issue! :wink: There are plenty of good insect providers and options out there. Crickets and silkies are just what works for me....some people just do roaches or Phoenix worms. You'll figure out what works best for you. I don't care for a lot of the bugs either...that's another reason I like silkies...they look kind of cute lol. Feel free to ask any other questions you have.
EclpsPrinc":128f1 said:
I know I have no idea how I'm going to get to sleep tonight!! I already took the day off from work tomorrow, told them I was going to see some family in the hospital......... .........
Too Funny!!!
Kaira is simply stunning!
Thank you, you should see her after she sheds...I'll be posting pics...shouldn't be much longer. I can't wait to see how her color has developed :blob8: .
DragonFairy37":128f1 said:
hi umm i was wondering... how do you know if your bearded dragon is stressed? and what are stress marks
There are several ways to tell...their overall behavior...do they shy away? Not eat? Things like that. Stress marks are the lines you see under you beardie's belly, neck, and tail.
amalsg07":128f1 said:
Here's her tail (the first body part to shed, I felt so bad because she kept rubbing her belly on the rocks and wiggling her tail...I have to admit, it was pretty cute though.)
174522f7.jpg
You can kind of see some in this pic of Kaira...she's mostly uncomfortable due to the shedding though. But she's dark (not her normal color at all) and has the dark lines on the bottom of her body.

Hope I got to everyone! Sorry that way long...just wanted to try to answer everybody. :D
Thanks for looking at our baby and the compliments,
Abi

DragonFairy37

Hatchling Member
thanx i cant wait!!!! i am getting my first one tomorrow... i hope i am prepaired my mom doesnt like the idea of the crix or the strict schedule... i already have 2 turtles(bobert and herbert), 3 dogs (meeko,buddy, and cookie) and my sister is staying with us so we have her 2 dogs(shyla and bear). so... my mom says that i am a 13 year old girl and i should be thinking about other things and not so much about taking care of so many animals... i am in the middle of training 2 dogs... one with a housebreaking ishue and my turtles are alot of work... most people think turtles are the easiest things to take care of... they are wrong... but i think i am ready to take on a beardie and if not my other sister will help me does anyone have any tips on how to take care of them like how to keep the crix alive and how much it costs per month to care for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom