Incubator Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXOTIXSA

Hatchling Member
Hi

I am currently using the Hovabator Incubator for my dragon eggs, and the results have not been satisfactory.

I am looking to purchase a new incubator, does anyone use store bought ones and which one would you recommend?

Thanks
Mel

spyder79

Extreme Poster
"store bought" no I personally use the havobator just because they are easier for me. I run 2 of them with no issues. But if you want something "better" you could always build your own. Plenty of "how to" information out there.

EXOTIXSA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Don’t you find that the Hovabator fluctuates in temperature too much?

I’ve got 2 thermostats linked to mine and the Hovabator keeps going down to 26 degrees celcius and then back up to 29 degrees celcius continuously.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Ive been running 4 to 5 hovabators for about 2 years now, I have no complaints. During the summer I have to adjust the temp a bit, but (knock on wood) no problems.

chrisallen

Hatchling Member
Its very cheap to build your own incubator. If you use a good thermostat that will be the most expensive part. You can find older half size fridges/freezers for very cheap/free. You just need the shell, they don't have to work. Then you wire up your heat source inside, your thermostat, a little bit of ventilation(tiny bit) and you will have something that will out perform a havobator and hold many more clutches. My whole incubator probably cost $60 to build and recently added a better thermostat for about $80. I can probably hold in there 20 clutches of eggs at a time, more if I changed the shelving a bit.

EXOTIXSA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Good news!!! not only are my little eggs plump and gorgeous looking, I shone a penlight over each one last night and I could see the veins snaking over the inside of the eggs! I’m really excited. They are 17 days old so far. Is it safe to say I’ll see the babies inside at about 30 days old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom