im taking our baby beardie to the vets tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosty

sorry if this is a stupid question but it will take us about 30 minutes to get there so how will we keep he/she warm or will he/she be okay just in a small container or should we just hold him/her

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
he/she will be just fine for 30-40 minutes. if you really want get one of those little heat packs that you put in your gloves/mittens in the winter.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
You could also make a heat sock... just place some rice in a sock and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. The sock will retain heat for a while and after your trip you can keep it in the viv under the heat source and it will always be snuggly warm for your baby.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
When I go to the vet which is 45 minutes away some of them just lay on my shoulder!! You should be just fine!!! :D

Lance

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Unless you sre somewhere that is really cold, your beardie should be fine with no heat source. If it is cold....do either the rice sock or heat packs like suggested. If using a heat pack always make sure you put something, like a towel, in between your beardie and the heat pack.

Good Luck :D

Ryan Maguire

Sub-Adult Member
Just wrap your beardie in a blanket and he should be good to go. Every weekend when we goto the cottage I wrap my beardie and hes fine in the car for 2 hours or so :)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Heheh Ruben travels in style to the vets!

DSC00726.jpg

Its a hamster home I bought at charity shop, a hot water bottle, then a blanket over the top, then a lizard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom