I think my crickets are to big

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
I just got my beardie today he looks about 1-2 months old hes very small im noticing that the “ small” crickets from petsmart looks bigger then the space inbetween his eyes and hes not eating them he only ate mealworms what do i do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just got my beardie today he looks about 1-2 months old hes very small im noticing that the “ small” crickets from petsmart looks bigger then the space inbetween his eyes and hes not eating them he only ate mealworms what do i do?
No meal worms they will impact him and he prefers those it's like feeding candy- post a pic of him and the cricket your freding- you may haft to order on line which would be a better option anyoitd cheaper- I would switch him to dubia roaches and feed bsfl too both good options for feeders

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hes very small

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No meal worms they will impact him and he prefers those it's like feeding candy- post a pic of him and the cricket your freding- you may haft to order on line which would be a better option anyoitd cheaper- I would switch him to dubia roaches and feed bsfl too both good options for feeders
I would say yes too big - find the smallest ones in there and order some dubias and nutri grubs from here - www.dubiaroaches.com look at the chart on their website and go from the there-- he looks like he can eat large nutri grubs-they are a small larvae- get a 10 gallon tank and get some dubias food along w/ dubia dew - I would start w/ 200 roaches he's gonna eat a lot of them like 10 - 15 at a freding- that's why you can feed the nutri grubs too another good staple- feed as many as you want on top of his salads- good salad lure- you'll need a glass or ceramic bowl - I can post a link in the morning for one - are you dusting the insects ?

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
I would say yes too big - find the smallest ones in there and order some dubias and nutri grubs from here - www.dubiaroaches.com look at the chart on their website and go from the there-- he looks like he can eat large nutri grubs-they are a small larvae- get a 10 gallon tank and get some dubias food along w/ dubia dew - I would start w/ 200 roaches he's gonna eat a lot of them like 10 - 15 at a freding- that's why you can feed the nutri grubs too another good staple- feed as many as you want on top of his salads- good salad lure- you'll need a glass or ceramic bowl - I can post a link in the morning for one - are you dusting the insects ?
Yes i have calcium powder with vitamin D, and then i have calcium powder without vitamin D i heard if u use VD everyday they can get to much so i got both

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
What size crickets do you think pinheads? 1/16”
Or 1/8”?

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Not sure where you get your crickets, the "big" stores like petco and petsmart they're always bigger. We're lucky enough to have a small local store that really cares, THEIR small ones are perfect for that age. Idk if anyone has advice on online ordering..I always worry half of what I get would be dead on arrival.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What size crickets do you think pinheads? 1/16”
Or 1/8”?
No pinheads- not sure on the size but just from looking at the bigger ones you have in the tank what size are the smaller ones? I would go w/ dubias they are a better feeder and less hassle- calcium D 3 should be fed 5 x week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - the w/ out d 3 will come when he's a year-- your uvb is going to help him absorb that calcium he's eating- no coils please--you need a long tube fixture-- we have 3 on here we recommend if you need help w/ that please ask- I will have ahbd help w/ cricket size
@AHBD

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
No pinheads- not sure on the size but just from looking at the bigger ones you have in the tank what size are the smaller ones? I would go w/ dubias they are a better feeder and less hassle- calcium D 3 should be fed 5 x week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - the w/ out d 3 will come when he's a year-- your uvb is going to help him absorb that calcium he's eating- no coils please--you need a long tube fixture-- we have 3 on here we recommend if you need help w/ that please ask- I will have ahbd help w/ cricket size
@AHBD
The ones i have apparently are the small ones from petsmart and im not to sure on where to get actual smaller ones

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom