How to tell if your beardies beard is swollen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I was looking at Slips beard tonight and it looked kind of big so I was wondering if she looks normal or should I be concerned.
85583-6408976042.jpg
85583-9679810018.jpg
85583-5765489112.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
It does look swollen. Maybe do a search here on this site, there are a lot of people who have posted in the past about the same thing. Some dragons have food lodged in their throat. I'm sure you will get some answers soon. I hope he will be OK.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
If you scroll down, you will see other posts about swollen beards. There is one by "moosewopp" that I replied to. He took his to the vet & there was a piece of kale stem lodged in his throat. I also posted a link to another web site where a person had the same problem, they were able to get the food out of the beard with help of a few friends. Good luck & post an update.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks I'm gonna see what she looks like in the morning she's been on meds for awhile already and I'm waiting to hear back on her blood work so she's been having a rough month hopefully it's not too serious and I can figure out what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom