How often can you feed blueberries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshandmushu

Hatchling Member
Please I need an answer because Mushu loves them but I don't want to be feeding him too much if they aren't good for him.

macpunk

My beardies love them too, but you have to squish them first! (The blueberries, not the beardies!!!)
According to h**p://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html Blueberries are an ok occasional feeder, but shouldn't be a main staple of your beardies Diet.

Blueberries (fresh)
Ca:p 1:1.6
Protein .7%
Fat .4%
Fiber 2.7%
Sugars 7.3%
Water 85%
Moderate oxalates

This is a pretty awesome list, and my go to for determining if it's ok to feed my beardies something. I've been using it for some time with success.

Macpunk

My beardies love them too. All I do is wash them and split them open. I don't give them many. Maybe three or four over a few days and then not again until they go on sale again. They have a wide variety when it comes to meal times.

I agree on the beautifuldragons food chart. I keep a copy of that chart in my car at all times because you never know when you might need to stop at the grocery store, and you never know what they will have and what you might want to try. Variety is good not only for your dragons but for us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom