how much should i feed my new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
He needs to be fed everyday. This doesn't have to be livefood everyday tho, does he get a daily salad? He should have access to a salad at all times, and it should be fresh every day. Adult beardies need around 50 crickets(or equivalent) a week to remain healthy and you can split that up however you like :D

sullenman526

Original Poster
i meant he can eat about 50 crickets in one sitting he is nice and healthy uhh yess i always put a fresh bowl of red lettuce and veggies every day is this fine?

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
No he should only be having around 50 crickets a week, as too much protien is not healthy for them once they have reached adulthood. Most types of lettuce are void of pretty much everything except water, good staples for salads are collard greens, mustard greens and turnip greens. I don't know if you've seen it but there's a good site with a list of greens to feed (or not feed) at http://www.beautifuldragons.com (if anyone's got the direct link handy can you post it please?)

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Well, in the wild they are opportunistic feeders, feeding on plants, small inverterbrates and verterbrates. I don't think 50 crickets a week will harm him as long as he is not getting fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom