how much dubia roaches to feed a bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EShell

Hatchling Member
The usual guideline is to feed as much as the BD will eat in 10 minutes.

Mine fill up sooner than that, and as soon as they slow down, ignore one of the Dubia or act like they are having trouble catching it, I stop feeding. I normally either hand the Dubia to my BDs or drop them into the feeding enclosure one at a time. I usually start them in the morning on salad, then feed Dubia at least twice later in the day.

They will both eat more being hand fed than having to catch the Dubia themselves. :roll:

VogueStar

BUMP*
Iam also curious..Could any1 else chime in ? I was curious how much to feed my dragons also... Ive tried the ten minute thing. But Id like to know how many dubias & what size to feed an adult dragon (2-4yrs old). My male does fine and eats a few within 10 minutes. However my female is ravenous! She eats as much as I feed her and would prolly eat more if I didnt stop. Thx

definitions

Juvie Member
I iusually start with about 20 repti worms.. then finish off with about 20 dubias depending on the size of the dubias. I am feeding a baby about 3 mos old. He eats allot, I can feed him bigger dubias sometimes cuz he rips them in half right out of my hand. I just have to hold one end real tight. then i just give him the other end and he seems to do fine. If he eats bigger dubias he will eat less. Just use your judgement, if you put the dubia in front of his gface and he doesnt go for it that means he's done. They won't over eat..atleast I never had that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom