How many superworms per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoNut

My bearded dragon is about 15 inches long and I am just wondering how many superworms can I feed him per day. I feed him crickets in the afternoon and plan to feed worms later in the day with his salad.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use them as a treat sometimes. I don't like to offer more than 3-4 at a time. They can wind up eating a lot at once and it upsets their stomach and can make them throw up if they really get into them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I rarely give my bearded dragon superworms , when I do it's never more than 2 or 3 in a sitting , she might get some one or twice per week, she'd gobble down a dozen given the chance .

The issues of concern with superworms are :
very high fat content
hard exoskeleton
poor Ca/P ratio
they are not a suitable feeder insect to use as daily staple feeder insect for either skinks or dragons.

I stick to silkworms and crickets and occasionally BSFL for my dragon as daily staple feeder insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom