How many super worms a day should he eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
How old is your dragon? That dictates in part how many feeders he should be getting. If this is the first time that your dragon has had superworms, then make sure you keep him well hydrated to help with the digestion and make sure that he digests everything well before giving him more (pieces of shell in the poo are okay, but you shouldn't see chunks of worm come through). If you do choose to increase the number of worms you give him, do so gradually to make sure that his system can handle it.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He is over two years old and seems to have always digested the worms well.
I started giving him three or four super worms a day last year and six a day this year.
He seems to like them and almost always looks for more when he eats them all.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
6 superworms is a good and normal amount for an adult dragon if he's of a normal weight and eating his greens/veggies too. If he's a normal weight or under weight, then feed him as much as he wants, both protein and veggies.

Some dragons are good about regulating themselves and eating a good mixture of protien vs greens, and other dragons will be complete pigs about protein and then you have to kind of restrict how many bugs they get in order to get them to eat their greens/veggies. :roll:

How is his weight? If he's bordering on overweight, then that's the only time I'd personally cut back on the protein even if he wanted more (but offer lots of greens and veggies!)

I feel like I could have worded that all better, does it make sense? :lol:

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Dooter":18773zcy said:
I feel like I could have worded that all better, does it make sense?

It maks sense to me :wink:
Any way Basil would only eat three of them today.
He is a little underweight, but I can usually get him to eat his greens.
Actually he's been getting more vegetables then bugs lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom