how many pos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Juvie Member
It kind of depends on the specific bearded dragon, how much they eat, and how often they eat. My bearded dragon (who is a little over six months old now) goes once every day. Typically, younger bearded dragons will go daily, some twice a day. As they get older, they may go less often. If you notice they are not defecating regularly according to their own personal schedule, then there could be a problem. More than a few days without defecating (associated with other symptoms, such as lack of appetite or energy, etc.), and anything longer than a week may indicate some problems.

mellu

Juvie Member
My beardies, ranging from 3 weeks to 13 months all poo once to twice daily. My 13 month old can sometimes skip a day but not often.

littlesavedgirl

Hatchling Member
My 7 week old poos once a day at about the same time of the day... she still won't eat her greens. She is very active and social.

Kaiser

Juvie Member
Once a day is fine. Now that you get a good feel for their defecating habits, it's usually a good way to gauge how they are feeling. If it changes drastically, it could be an indicator that something is up. But right now, that's perfectly normal, and hopefully it's consistent (until the get older, in which when they are well over a year in age, they'll most likely start defecating less often).

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
My little one goes once a day, sometimes twice, but its within an hour of eating in the morning, so I can clean it up before I head off to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom