How many members in the Uk? And where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Haha i went to fort William on holiday, Which is the first time i saw a lizard! and fell in a swamp :roll:
But we went for a week, and it rained the entire week :roll: x2
Were coming up again this year! :mrgreen:
Hope the weather is better though!

Olivia x

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
im in south wales. -10 C in the mornins at the moment. surely if i order live food by post they will die in these temps? there is no local reptile shops i can get food from right now either. i have tried to find a local insect breeder i could travel too, but i cant find one close enough. i am running out of live food fast. what do i do? i have only seen one other welsh person on this site :eek:

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Its -3 here lol and snowing... ALOT
I had this problem last year,
If you get them from a decent breeder he will do whatever it takes to keep them warm,
Most of the time they just slow down and appear dead, and when the warmed up the wake up.
I order mine from rickslivefoods and the locusts are always alive,
Last year i had to walk miles to the local pet shop.
I have my Roaches this year though :)

Olivia x

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
weve already had the snow. and i hope we dont et anymore. its still on the ground and now its frozen. i will try rickslivefood. i have never heard of them before. sadly as far as roaches go i was not fast enough. i have everything ready to breed them except the roaches. i will have to get them after xmas. thanks

changilass

Hatchling Member
I'm in the Highlands and the schools have been shut all week, we got mostly -11 just now brrrr.

Gonna try breading a colony of roaches when I can get my hands on some, for now have to rely on pets at home, bliddy expensive.

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
changilass":2ie7xmho said:
I'm in the Highlands and the schools have been shut all week, we got mostly -11 just now brrrr.

Gonna try breading a colony of roaches when I can get my hands on some, for now have to rely on pets at home, bliddy expensive.
What do you feed your BD on? I usually do mail order. Much cheaper and better quality. I use locusts. They are £2.40 for 14 with usually 5 dead ones. Whereas online I get roughly 100 for £10.00
Worth looking into. I will also be getting the roaches for my colony online. Pets at home are rubbish. Expensive and give bad advice. And when something goes wrong they simply turn the blame on you.

changilass

Hatchling Member
Not got my beardies yet, getting 2 onthe 18th and can't wait.

Just doing as much research as possible prior to them arriving.

Do you get your feeders from ebay or another online source?

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
there are plenty of online sites. i j=have just been reccomened one and if it is as good as it looks/as ive heard then its got virtually any feeder you could want in small to huge quantities at good prices. take a look http://www.rickslivefood.co.uk
and no matter what pets at home tell you....NO loose substrate and NO mealworms. good luck with your BDs they are fantastic animals. oh and i dont think its a good idea to keep 2 together

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
If you order from ricks, he said its best to pay he special next day delivery as things are getting lost and dying with the cold.,
its about 8 pound or so, but at least they will come next day x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom