How many Dubia cockroaches do Juveniles need?

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
Okay, It's toilet paper because I don't have paper towels atm. I know its really bad is there any other bedding I could use? I have no idea how old the bulb is, got it from a former reptile keeper, brand is thorn em. (thats all i could see) and where on the bulb do I check that

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay, It's toilet paper because I don't have paper towels atm. I know its really bad is there any other bedding I could use? I have no idea how old the bulb is, got it from a former reptile keeper, brand is thorn em. (thats all i could see) and where on the bulb do I check that
On the bulb itself- look for the brand and the bulb - T 5 or T 8-- these bulbs have expiration dates- you can use some textured NON adhesive shelf liner found at your local home improvement store cut to the size of the tank-- how big is the tank?

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
Wow, the light is reflecting very brightly in the tank, is there aluminum foil around the edges or just the reflection from the glass ? It looks like you need a larger enclosure and a basking log for Pearl, and you forgot the picture of Pearl.
Some good veggies are kale, greens like turnip, mustard, collard, arugula, snap peas, green beans, a little bit of grated squash.
Okay so the guys thing had piece of wood in the back then foil and then glass. Is the foil a bad thing? Here ya go:

Attachments

• Pearlhi.jpg
    Pearlhi.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 21

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay so the guys thing had piece of wood in the back then foil and then glass. Is the foil a bad thing? Here ya go:
Ok the roaches are fine - please get a new fixture for your uvb- the foil is acting as a reflector which is what you need but I would invest in a new fixture-- there are 3 recommended on this forum- I can post them in the morning-

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If that's foil around the bottom of the glass it's best to take it out ASAP, the glare would bother Pearl's eyes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the roaches are fine - please get a new fixture for your uvb- the foil is acting as a reflector which is what you need but I would invest in a new fixture-- there are 3 recommended on this forum- I can post them in the morning-
24" fixtures -- good for 40+ gallon tanks
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 T 5 I will post link for this as well
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 I posted above
you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
When you get the UVB please post back on here so I can help you get it placed for the tank -- screens determine placement and distance -- these bulbs need to be changed out in approx 10-11 months for good UVB rays unless your using a solar meter a good one to give accurate readings of the UVI

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom