How many Dubia cockroaches do Juveniles need?

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
I just started. I heard from people around me that you only feed them crickets and vegetables, So that's why I only started now. Don't be mad at me and when you mean size, do you mean the beardie or the cockroach?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just started. I heard from people around me that you only feed them crickets and vegetables, So that's why I only started now. Don't be mad at me and when you mean size, do you mean the beardie or the cockroach?
Yes do not feed a dubia larger than the space between his eyes--- he needs salads everyday
here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
where are you getting the dubias from? You can also feed super worms horn worms and butter worms as treats - silk worms and BSFL are good staple insects-- are you dusting your insects? What kind of UVB are you using --- brand and bulb please

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
okay, this is the size of them. we got them from a reptile expo, but we only got them today but he told me I can get them online. Any good places? What should I dust them with? can send the dust I have if I can find them.
IMG_6524.jpg
IMG_6525.jpg
IMG_6521.jpg
IMG_6526.jpg
and the dust: (Idk if the smaller package is dust or not)
IMG_6527.jpg
wait just realized that that cricket stuff is food for the cricket...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
okay, this is the size of them. we got them from a reptile expo, but we only got them today but he told me I can get them online. Any good places? What should I dust them with? can send the dust I have if I can find them. View attachment 87431 View attachment 87432 View attachment 87433 View attachment 87434 and the dust: (Idk if the smaller package is dust or not) View attachment 87435 wait just realized that that cricket stuff is food for the cricket...
Please go over the uvb your using- don't use the cricket food for dusting- you want a calcium D 3 for a dragon under a year- how old is the dragon? The reptivite is calcium or vitamins? I can post some websites for dubias and worms- your uvb and surface basking temps are extremely important -

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
i wasnt using the cricket food for that, I just thought it was dusting for a quick sec. How do I figure out the uvb and basking? It's vitamins

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i wasnt using the cricket food for that, I just thought it was dusting for a quick sec. How do I figure out the uvb and basking? It's vitamins
How old is the dragon? This will determine supplement regimen+ post a picture of the tank and lighting- is the uvb in a dome? Basking temps need to be taken w/.a digital probe thermometer-

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Pearl Girl ! Looking forward to seeing a few pics of Pearl and her set up. Those dubias are pretty big so I imagine that Pearl is a large juvenile. Don't worry , you'll get good info here and dusting the insects isn't too hard, you just have to have the right calcium powder. One important tip is to feed the dubia's all veggies + fruit and if you use any commercial food it must be VERY low in protein.

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
Hi Pearl Girl ! Looking forward to seeing a few pics of Pearl and her set up. Those dubias are pretty big so I imagine that Pearl is a large juvenile. Don't worry , you'll get good info here and dusting the insects isn't too hard, you just have to have the right calcium powder. One important tip is to feed the dubia's all veggies + fruit and if you use any commercial food it must be VERY low in protein.
Okay, I only have a few left, So I was wondering what food they eat? (Exact veggies please?)

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
How old is the dragon? This will determine supplement regimen+ post a picture of the tank and lighting- is the uvb in a dome? Basking temps need to be taken w/.a digital probe thermometer-
We got her at 2 to 3 months old and we've had her for about a year (Edit: I don't have a digital probe thermometer)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, the light is reflecting very brightly in the tank, is there aluminum foil around the edges or just the reflection from the glass ? It looks like you need a larger enclosure and a basking log for Pearl, and you forgot the picture of Pearl.
Some good veggies are kale, greens like turnip, mustard, collard, arugula, snap peas, green beans, a little bit of grated squash.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
We got her at 2 to 3 months old and we've had her for about a year (Edit: I don't have a digital probe thermometer)
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers - place the probe where the dragon sits for basking 95-100 is what the surface basking temps should be- you don't need to leave it there- stick it on the side of the tank but check temps every couple of weeks- place the other one on the cool side of the tank -please look on the uvb bulb for brand and bulb T 5 or T 8-- how old is the uvb bulb? What is the white stuff in the tank? You need a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb- once I find out the bulb I can tell you distance- I need uvb bulb before I can advise on vitamins and calcium

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom