how many crix should a 8" beardie eat in a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Basically the rule of thumb is to let the lil guy as many as it can in 10-15 minutes. Make sure the crickets are no bigger than the space between its eyes.

normally a young beardie like that should be eating around 50-100 crickets a day, but anything can affect its appetite. If he/she is shedding, then it might not eat as much until the shed is all gone, if you just recently got the beardie, he/she may be going through relocation stress and it is perfectly normal for them to eat very little or nothing at all at first. One of the bad signs of a poor appetite is that it might have parasites or other health problems.

Just be sure that you offer it a good amount of crickets, even though he wont eat it all. Give it a couple days, if the its appetite is still poor consider taking a fecal sample to the vet.

Also make sure your temperatures are all correct, 105-110 in the basking spot, and 80-85 on the cool end.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
As said, the size of food depends on the size of your baby. Are they longer than the space between his eyes? If so that may be why hes not eating as much, hes getting all blocked up!

If not have you have him checked for parasites as these can effect appitite?

Also what brand of UVB are you using??

berdie

Original Poster
the crix are just the right size almost just almost too big

im using 2 repti glo 10.0 tube lights
we just got him to the vet and the vet says he's ok

but is it because of the crix too big?

F0X672

id get some smaller crix if they're a bit too big. did the vet do an x ray to see if he was impacted? apparently reptiglo bulbs suck just as much as everything else except the reptisun 10.0 bulb.. http://www.petmountain.com ... save yourself a few bucks. - john

berdie

Original Poster
i have the reptiglo 10.0 tube lights but i can't get the reptisuns cause they wont fit they dont have 30" reptisuns right?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I would really consider getting a new fixtue and getting the reptisun. A few crix a day is really not normal at all. did the vet do a feacal test??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom