How long should a beardie sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Any opinions on this question? I usually let Brutus sleep 12 hours, but some days he seems to want to sleep more. Just wondering how long you guys usually let them sleep...

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
My boys put themselves to sleep if they need it. Otherwise they sleep from 9 pm - 6 am or so depending on when I have to get up. If they want to put themselves to sleep they just hide their snout under their teddybear.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Mine usually gets 10 hrs of sleep. Lights go off at 8:00 and come on at 6:00. She's usually ready to get up when the lights come on. If she needs to she'll take a power nap in the middle of the day, like when I take her out. I guess she doesn't want to play with me anymore... :(

Dawn

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ErinMeetsMachine":9b42a said:
I give mine about 12/14 hours a night. she never seems ready for me to turn the lights on.

I agree, and that's why I was wondering how long other people's dragons sleep... Brutus has usually fallen asleep by 6:30pm, whether or not his lights are still on! I wake him up every morning at 6am. Yet he never seems ready to wake up! Always sleepy.... :sleepy2:

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, she doesn't sleep in her hide either.. I would kill someone if it was completely black in my room and suddenly there was a big bright light staring me in the face. But until I hear that I'm cruel (which I don't think I am) I keep with the time schedule... She doesn't seem to nap during the day.. so, I must not be interrupting tooo much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom