How long did it take your beardie to warm up to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica582

Hatchling Member
I have had my beardie for 5 months now and she is finally warming up to me! She would let me hold her before, in a tolerating sort of way. But within the last week shes began to run over to me, climb on me, snuggle up to me and fall asleep on me while I pet her! It is so sweet :D
How long did that take for other people

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Took Chimera and Roo about a week. Zero is still a grump but hes comming around now we've had him about 2 to 3 weeks.. Lexia is lovable just wary still of any movements baby steps :D

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Your two are babies I think? I didn't get mine as a baby, she was probably 4 months old. I feel like I missed out and now I want a baby!

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
I got my dragon when he was about 3 months old. When I would put my hand in his viv he would puff up and sometimes hiss and run away from me. Every day at feeding time, I would hand feed him greens and he would take them , but cautiously. It took a few weeks to realize that when my hand came in it was for one of two things, cuddling or feeding. Now at 7 months he is very calm and laid back. I reach in now and he just relaxes his body and lets me pick him up for cuddle time. I love that little guy so much :love5: ....There's nothing like a dragon cuddle!

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thats so sweet. Before I got a bearded dragon I would have never dreamed they would be like this. Now I feel like it took her a really long time to warm up to me. She was doing these things with my boyfriend (who is the only person who feeds her crickets). But just started to with me.

ronni1221

Juvie Member
It took Brutus 3 months to warm up to me since he was a baby and really skittish. I think if I ever got another dragon, it would be a juvie or an adult. I received Brutus in poor health, and it was a pain to take care of him. (Don't tell him I said that! hehe) On the other hand, I'm much more attached to him than any other pet I've had because I raised him from such a little runt.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Abu was best friends with everyone, immediately. She didnt even suffer any relocation stress - it was as if she had always been a part of the family!!! lol!

Kazi still hasnt warmed up to me and its been 10 months since we got him. He loves my fiance and his mother..... but he sees me merely as 'a face that feeds him'. *sniff sniff*

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Miso -
My very confident baby. She is full of spunk and was happy with me holding her from day one. She's 2 months old now and still a spritely little one. So we will wait and see.

Ruben -
Oh Ruben. Brought him home at around 4 months old, and it took him at least 3 months before he would allow me to hold him without immediately covering himself in stress marks. Now he tolerates me holding him, but does not yet enjoy our time together 7 odd months down the line. He is very headstrong and will only do things HIS way.
I'll get him eventually....

Dexter -
She was wild when I brought her home. She was terrified of me and bit, scratched and hissed at me as much as physically possible.
Two months of hard work and she turned into the most loving affectionate darling there is. She would beg to be with me.

Every snowflake is different.

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess thats true for people too. Some people may never warm up to you and some people may love you right away.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Pookie warmed up to me when I was still deciding whether I should get one or not at the pet store, as soon as the pet store girl put him in my hand. But if you're measuring time, I'd have to say 30 seconds.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
We're at four months and counting, and CJ's favourite thing to do is still to open her mouth as wide as it will go, flare her beard, and hisssssss at me. I'm the mean old medicine lady, so I understand. I hope someday she'll be more of a cuddler!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Jasper's Mom":a426f said:
We're at four months and counting, and CJ's favourite thing to do is still to open her mouth as wide as it will go, flare her beard, and hisssssss at me. I'm the mean old medicine lady, so I understand. I hope someday she'll be more of a cuddler!

Pah! CJ has it good ^_^ If you feed my everyday I'll let you snuggle me aaaaaaall day. I dont have much of a beard though - Is that a dealbreaker?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
When we brought Scorch home she was about 2 months old and a bit skittish. But she was always friendly. It took her longer to warm up to the kids and my husband because I was the primary care giver. She was soo small the kids were afraid they might hurt her when holding. But now she snuggles with everyone and is much too spoiled. She doesn't like to be in her viv and when she is out doesn't have free roam, she is always on us or running around on someone's bed. Downside... she still poos more than once a day, so I have to wash the duvet covers more. :oops: I think she has a crush on my oldest son because he is the only one she poos on. If she is running around on the bed she will get up and poo on his pants. It makes me laugh. She gets out around 6:30 every night and snuggles with someone until 10 or 11. The hubby thought she was breathing strangely the other night and worried me so much that I stayed up until 2 am holding her and then brought her to bed with me where I slept about 2 winks until 6am. :roll: of course she was just fine. He is just an alarmist.

GunmanInc

My beardie is still young. But only took him about a day and half. He is now at the point where if i leave him in his tank and im home with him he gets upset with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom