How do other people react to your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
awww! im gunna start a beardie play group up ^_^ seen those kidies like em more!

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
i found out my hair dresser hated them... well she hated all animals ...
But she asked if it needed cuting...
i was a bit :?: yeah ya no...
"its got a beard hasnt it?"
HAHAHAHAH

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
wow these are awsome,,i had a crazy experience when i got mt first beardie demon,,my mom said they were disgusting and there was no way she would hold her ..well demon died beausse she had some kind of disease that i did not know about i forgot to the name,but then i bought my baby max of craigslit from a lady that bought two and realized one was a boy and one was a girl, so i bought the boy who was named max, i decided that name was not that bad and kept it , anyways her recently me and fiance of five year broke up so i came crawling back to mom and dads with max in tow and i though my mom would not hold him but the first thing she said was wow hses gotten huge and what would happen if i picked him up, so i let her hold him and she loves him,,alot she said when i move out she needs visitation rights ..and so far everybody i talk to and who sees him holds him he even sat on my two year old nephews lap,my nephew loves to feed him or watch him eat., i just feed him lettuce when my nephew is watching lol but yesterday i was gettin gas after buying max some meal worms and the gas attendant asked what is was doing with the worms and i said i was going to feed them to my bearded dragon and hes like whats that like a big lizzard i laughed and said yes as max is 9 months old and is 18 inches long ..people usualy have loads of questions to ask me when they see max so this site helps me answer that alot lol

zizzee

Hatchling Member
I got Smaug about a month ago and my Mum completely freaked out about the idea when I appeared at home with my car jam packed with stuff and a tiny box in the passenger side (I'm known for just acting, I don't plan things.) SO, after a few hours my Mum came around and petted him and decided he was called "Sid", that changed to "Smaug" :D Now my Mum comes into my room before work to check Smaug's lights have turned on, and say hello to him and I'm getting ignored ;( I've replaced myself it seems.

My little brother (15yrs) will freeze if I place Smaug on his shoulder or bring him anywhere near him, and my little sister (17) doesn't mind Smaug walking on her, but she's too afraid to touch him incase she hurts him.

My Grandpa thinks it's, and I quote "Pretty cool..... It get HOW BIG?!" He likes reptiles though and my Gran said no to getting one :p

My mum has also told just about everyone that I have a bearded dragon, has shown a few of her friends, and I've now to take Smaug into her work to show him off to two groups of children pre-primary school (upto 4 years) :shock:

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
beardies are great with kids i want max to be a beardie kids can read to but when hes warm he likes to run and not cuddle so i dunno i dont wanna play chase max down a school hallway

myzeak

Hatchling Member
so far people just avoid me when i have my little Zeak, My mom hates them though because for some reason my Dragon dosnt like anyone but me it my mom trys to hold him zeak will attack (he goes for the eyes and toung). Dont know why he is like that, even my last one did that. My mom also thinks i am in my unstable mindset when i have him out raped in a towell and stoking him.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
perhaps you just give them the best unconditional love :D
and he loves you more for that.
zizzee":e0f8a said:
My Grandpa thinks it's, and I quote "Pretty cool..... It get HOW BIG?!"

LOL exaclty the same here ¬_¬

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
One of my favorite reactions is (we all get this question I'm sure) "Is that thing real?" Sometimes I want to be a smarty pants and say "No it's not real I just enjoy carrying a stuffed lizard on my shoulder." And then wait for Alf to move.LOLOLOLO I mean I am no longer a child by any means and I quite carrying stuffed animals around when my son got older and didn't need his toys any more.LOLOLOL

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
lol, i think thats the most frequant question... on my facebook people asked if they were real... and i wa like.. ok sure i put toy pictures on facebook!

JagersMom

Hatchling Member
I like this topic. LOL

I got Jäger in December, and my husband was 110% against beardies, but he warmed up to her quickly, he'll take her out and talk to her and feed her if I need him to. He's also good about turning the lights on for her in the morning if I decide to sleep in.

Apparently he liked her so much that he let me get another one, named Ollie. He doesn't handle him too much because he is small, but he seems to like him.

My mom and grandmother (who don't even live in the same time zone as us) were like EWWWWWWWWWW! but my mom always asks me about them now.

It's either a good reaction or a flat out bad one LOL.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
HumorDragon":967fd said:
I get that question alot about him... but I have been asked if he was a peice of jewlry... :D

Lol,
JagersMom":967fd said:
I like this topic. LOL

It's either a good reaction or a flat out bad one LOL.

thanks and yea i agree!!
my boyfriend was never agianst them, he always loved them lots! he does the veg evrrryy morining LOL

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Even though I don't live with my mother, she adores every animal. She still refers to Aussie as "The Dinosaur" because of his colossal poos.

My aunt thinks he's interesting and will only touch him if she has too.
My boss thinks he's awesome and my two little cousins (ages 2 and 3) think he's an alligator, but are more interested in the bugs he eats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom