How do other people react to your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
I know it, its finally gettting warmer here and you just wait... Phoenix will be on the move when it gets warmer lol. I'm excited to see thier reactions to him... the only time he has come out with me so far was the day he went to the vet.. the receptionist thought he was "sooo adorable" everyone else was like... ummm.... lets scoot down here...lol... do yall think they were a bit nervous aobut him lol.

MandiceP

When I first got Fezzik and his sister... I was "beardie sitting" for them (with every intention of keeping them, but my fiance didn't know that yet) And I was worried how the rest of the house would react to them. We live in his parent's basement right now as we are trying to get a house with his brother but waiting for the right one to come along (or drop to the best price) Anyways. So his parents didn't mind them too much, just didn't want them up in the main part of the house. His brother thought they were cool but said they smell (tho I think it was more the crickets and worms and sand... I know, he's off sand now... that he was smelling) My fiance liked them right away and when I mentioned keeping them he was really quite okay with it. Once they were sexable... I decided that I'd keep Fezzik and find his sister, Buttercup a new home. So now he just moved into a 40 gallon breeder and is 16inches long. My fiance talks to him through the tank and takes him out and holds him. When people come over he's right there to show Fez to them. We have a few friends over every monday night for "game night" (we're currently tackling final fantasy 1 for NES, lol) and they all love Fezzik. Last week, he was sitting on my chest and he climbed up my shoulder and swung his body around so he could face the big screen tv and watch!! lol. Every one wants a turn holding him when they don't have a controller in their hands. Not to mention Fezzik has his own Facebook account on which he has many friends (including a pastel ball python!!) So he's a big hit with all my friends and they all get a kick out of the way I "baby" him! lol. They think I'm tapped but I just love my little guy. Once we get a house I plan on building some vivs and getting another one!!! Can't wait for winter to end so he can come out and lay on a lounge chair with me while I read!!!

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
M<y husband showed me the first bearded dragon that I had ever seen. We were visiting a friend who does animal rescues and educational programs and he had a beardie. My husband fell in love beardies because that beardie was "just cool". He asked me what I thought about one of them for a pet. I asked "What is it?" After doing months of research we got Alf and when I would take her places I got the "Is that an iguana?"question alot,some people absolutely love her and others are like,"No thanks,let's go over here. My sister (one of them) loves her while another sister won't hug me(she lives in another state and we rarely get to see her) unless someone else is holding Alf securely in her cage,on the other hand her grandmother in law and my mother in law love Alf (this was before I got Gimli,so they haven't met him yet) Granny as we all called her asked me all kinds of questions and wanted to pet Alf but wouldn't hold her because she doesn't have much strength in her hands,and she talked to Alf and told her how pretty she was. I have also had the "Don't you know that you can get salmonella from thsoe things,then I calmly explain that with a child I did my research and felt it was worth the risk. My 10 year old son helps to care for the beardies whenever he is home,cutting up salad and turning on their lights,feeding them and helping bathe them and snuggle them to sleep.

bierdieman

Hatchling Member
Thats sweet that granny loves him. My niece is 9 and she is just like your son and what she dosent do she wants to learn so that one day she can have her own. :blob5: :blob8:

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
MandiceP":0b07a said:
Not to mention Fezzik has his own Facebook account on which he has many friends (including a pastel ball python!!) So he's a big hit with all my friends
LOL that is a great idea,
MandiceP":0b07a said:
They think I'm tapped but I just love my little guy. I read!!!
HAHA thats exactly what my friends think of me, im 16 so a teen, i sit at home bathing lizards go to bed at 9( including weekends!) and up at 7 every morning! jheez im a little sad,
to say all my friends are out drinking!

ohh,, yes the weather, i think , due to the fact i live in rainy old england. Its going to have to be the HOTTEST days i take them out, and not evan all day, i mean its still snowing over here! wheres spring :(

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I think Im going to give the idea a try, and wear meathead on my shirt like a pin and see if anyone notices him. :mrgreen:

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
jortiz9758":30d3c said:
I think Im going to give the idea a try, and wear meathead on my shirt like a pin and see if anyone notices him. :mrgreen:
HAHAHAHA i think somehow they would notice! but give it a shot!

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
I just had a good example today! :D
I went to my Dads work (Which is currently being under construction...) And me and my grandparents ran into my Dad and some coworkers he was talking to. We were introduced and one of the older men asked about Dibl (I was wearing him... like a pin.) and he wasnt scared about Dibl at all while I told the two guys about Bearded Dragons... Another person who works there walked around the corner and freaked out when they saw him. :lol: (I told them that they could sneak behind me, Dibl wouldnt see them.) :lol:
Well I have people that don't think he's real, people that freak out and others who are truly interested.
(I love it when the people freak out though.) :mrgreen:

bierdieman

Hatchling Member
Yea the freak outs are the best :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :puke: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :mrgreen: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
My mom likes them, talks to them, and ask about them, but wont touch them.
My 80 some year old aunt LOVES them, and asks all kinds of questions, and made us take her picture holding a beardie. She shows it to everyone. She even held the superworms and the hornworms.

To me it seems that the people who you would think would not be scared are scared (big surly men) but people you would think would not like them love them.

Funniest thing though was one day, I was in a petstore with Waffle. A lady walked into the petstore, literally screamed when she saw him (I was near the door) and she about ripped the hinges off of the doors running out of the store. She ran away!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I have posted this before, but figured I would share again.
This is my 80 some year old Great Aunt Lake. She made my mom take the picture (it was digital) and take her and have it printed out somewhere, so that she could show everybody. And I do mean everybody! :wink: :lol:
She loves my beardies, and ask more questions than kids do!
brady0621091.jpg

Jess

Extreme Poster
Since I just got Wink in the fall when he was tiny, I havent had a chance to take him anywhere fun with me! He usually has good reactions from the people that meet him though. Most people are a little wierded out by him at first, but after they can watch him for a while, they warm up to him. My cousin really liked him when she was over (but then again, he was alot smaller!), my mom likes him now, and everyone at the vet loves him! Not many other people have seen him though. I cant wait to bring him around with me this summer... He is fairly small, so he will probably be considered more approachable by most people.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
And I forgot to add, for some reason, even people that do not like beardies, tend to like Foster.
I guess because he has a nub of an arm, so he looks more approachable. Also, he is bright orange, and very pretty looking. People tend to be drawn to him over my other 2.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Jiffy":27d7c said:
My mom likes them, talks to them, and ask about them, but wont touch them.
exactly the same, she wont chose to but when i put them on her shes em!

I dont exactly no why older people are fonder than younger ones? becuase they wernt exactly as much around then and as they are getting more popular i would of though younger people would enjoy them more?
But some kids love them , as we have seen in other threads,

I have a funyy occurence yesterday, we were taking tiny to the vets for genrel check up, we were then pulled over by the police for having a break light out, he cmae to the car and looked in the car, his face just droped, "whats that"? he asked.
" a bearded dragon"
"oh, umm, you should really get a carry case for them, there quite nasty i herd"
"there not,"
"oh ok ill let you go"
He drove off and dident menton the brake light LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom