How did you name your baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've met so many people on this site with unique names for their beardies and I thought it'd be fun to share stories of where their names came from.

I got Yoshi as a birthday present from my good friend Mario. I was going to name him Blaze or Maverick but one night my cousin said, "Since Mario is getting him for you, his name should be Yoshi." And so it was decided. :D

Nimbus

I have a 6 month old named Uno. My daughter named him that, as it's her favorite card game. That - and when I got him, my wife said only one (uno) beardie allowed in the house (she's warmed up to him, though). :D

BigD16

Juvie Member
When I first got Shadow I originally was going to name her Spike... I thought about it and realized how unoriginal that name was and went through a good few months of trying different names, Until one day I was sitting around letting her explore and noticed that wherever I would go in my room she would follow. So I decided to Call her Shadow. As for Vladamere. It was pretty much the same ordeal... I had him for awhile, Went through several test names and realized I didnt like any of them, and then my friend suggested the name Vladamere and I ended up really liking the name and ended up naming him Vladamere.

jeffryjb

I am a huge Leslie Nielsen fan, and I got my beardie a couple weeks after he had died. Since it was very young I didn't know if I had a he or a she, so I have a plan either way. Right now I assume it is a he, so I call him Frank (as in Frank Drebin from Police Squad and Naked Gun).

If I find out Frank is indeed a she, the name will be Shirley because of the classic line from Airplane, "Surely you can't be serious" "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley". One of the funniest quotes from the film, so it's my backup.

We wanted an original name for our beardie and we had just seen the newest harry potter movie where dobby dies. So we decided on the name dobbie with an "ie" spelling to make it a little feminine in case he is a she lol. And the name fits the personality. He is crazy and fun loving.

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
Borderlands on PS3... two skags called Marley and Moe and OH is an avid fan of borderlands so thats what they got called :D

We have two beardies Buddy & Baby.

We got Buddy first, and no one knew what to call him. In the meantime every time anyone saw him we would just say "Hiiiiiiii Buddy", and that stuck. When I got Baby I fully intended to give her a real name. However, in the mean time whenever we saw her, we would just say "Hiiiiiiiii Baby," and again, it stuck. I almost named her Pancake, because thats what she did when I carried her around in my palm.

If we get another dragon I swear its getting a real name...

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
My first 2 adults are named Mojo(my male) and Jojo....now any of you who have had a daughter in the last 15 years or so should recognize Mojojojo, the evil monkey from Power Puff Girls. The second adult female we got doesn't really have a name yet, she's just been called beautiful for now. The first hatched from my first clutch I decided to keep, and named him Dojo, "Look Mojo and Jojo made a Dojo!". My girlfriend wanted one to be hers, she picked the prettiest male out of our second clutch and called him Little Meathead for about 2 months then decided to name him Ares, her little god of war.

Originally if it was going to be a boy I knew I would name it Stitch (my fav disney character) or Toothless, but we found out from her previous owner she was a girl. My fiance joked about her being Puff, the magic bearded dragon and the name just kinda sticked since :D

holnik

Hatchling Member
I named Sunshine because she has the brightest yellow and orange scales. her eyes are gold like the sun too

Yojimbo115

I named Elliot after Elliot the dragon from the book "Pete's Dragon".

petesdragon-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom