how come kor just stares at his crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
This guy kor just stares at his live food crickets! He just stares at them an rarly wants to eat now all I fed him is crickets he doesnt want to even touch his green s what wrong with him

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
How big is the dragon and what size crickets? I've seen this happen when the crickets are too small, or when too many are fed at one time. Drop in one or two at a time so he can decide which one to eat easier

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok kor is in a 40 gallon breeder with a 10.0 compact uvb bulb an aceramic heat emmitter 100 watts an a zoo med basking bulb 100 watt he has a cool side an hot side an one hide in his tank he is 17 an 1/2 inches long from head to tail . i feed him large adult crickets so those crickets are big an meatey . but i feed im one at atime in his tank but if i throw in a super worm in there he will gobble that **** up an fast could it be he is over crickets ????or would it be the uvb source ??? or both ??

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I would definitely upgrade from the compact to a linear Reptisun...

He probably likes the supers better than the crickets, so he's just being picky. If you don't feed supers for a while, he'll get hungry enough to eat crickets again, but most dragons prefer supers over crickets any day.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am gking to,switch to reptisun liner asap tho but dam how could I make hime like grean an veggies again

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
If your dragon is big, it's not gonna hurt to not feed bugs for a few days. Sometimes you just have to resist feeding bugs to get them to eat their greens. With adults, I've gone a week without feeding bugs, then down to every 3 days to get them back to eating greens. If they get hungry enough, they will eat the greens. You can also make the salads more appetizing by adding butternut squash and something colorful like bearded dragon bites or tiny bits of strawberries. The different colors seem to be more attractive and will get them to notice their salads.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
He might not like mustard greens, or be sick of them. Try collards, turnip greens or dandelion greens too.

warnisha

Juvie Member
RioReptiles":1m7z7da6 said:
If your dragon is big, it's not gonna hurt to not feed bugs for a few days. Sometimes you just have to resist feeding bugs to get them to eat their greens. With adults, I've gone a week without feeding bugs, then down to every 3 days to get them back to eating greens. If they get hungry enough, they will eat the greens. You can also make the salads more appetizing by adding butternut squash and something colorful like bearded dragon bites or tiny bits of strawberries. The different colors seem to be more attractive and will get them to notice their salads.

or if he's being stubborn like my two right now he is just going to fight you!!! my two had such a pretty salad today.....greens (several kinds), squash, red pepper (for color), sugar snap peas, and blackberries! do you think either of them want to eat them???? NO! grrr.r.....guess I will be freezing some so it doesn't all go to waste (not the greens as they get gross)

hang in there My two are just being brats and stubborn and don't want butters, supers, crix, or dubias, and esp. not their salads! I think it is partly due to winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom