WaffleFalafel

Beardie name(s)
Waffle Falafel (or just Waffle)
I am a new beardie owner (I got my bearded dragon on December 13 2022). I named my bearded dragon, Waffle Falafel. He poses for pictures like a star 😂. Please tell me any recommendations of products or techniques or anything of that sort. Because I need the info, to make Waffle have the best life I could give him. Waffle Falafel is 6 months, more or less, so how to find out the gender of a juvenile? I don’t want to be calling it him if it’s a girl, and vice versa. He loves lots of playtime and I think he trusts me pretty much. I got him from PetCo, the employee handed him to me and waffle tried to jump to my shoulder. After that
I just absolutely fell in LOVE with him! Please tell me any important information. I don’t want to miss anything I should know. 😀
C8ACCE37-5A32-4AED-AA4D-37D4F7EA4FF7.jpeg

Attachments

• 660A50E4-B6E5-40F7-8C1D-8BFA7B04586A.jpeg
    660A50E4-B6E5-40F7-8C1D-8BFA7B04586A.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 94

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I will attach a pic on determining gender. Please read the guides that are available here, especially the lighting guides. Lighting is the most critical aspect of their care. And honestly the people at petco barely can identify a beardie let alone tell you how to care for it.
You will need long tube uvb, the coil/compact that they likely sold you are garbage, and will cause health and eye problem. The basking for a baby needs to be 105 to 110 degrees. Please get digital probe thermometer to measure it. The dial types are no good. Also the infrared thermometers can be extremely inaccurate on some materials.
Feed him/her 2 to 3 tomes per day as much as it will eat in 10 to 15 minutes. Dust with calcium once per day and multivitamins 3 to 4 times per week. Make sure to keep it well hydrated, contrary to misbeleif giving baths DO NOT hydrate unless they drink. You can use an eyedropper to drip it on his snout to give it water. If it doesn't drink you can add in a little none citrus fruit juice to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in their scales.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220709_185220.jpg
    20220709_185220.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 64

WaffleFalafel

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I will attach a pic on determining gender. Please read the guides that are available here, especially the lighting guides. Lighting is the most critical aspect of their care. And honestly the people at petco barely can identify a beardie let alone tell you how to care for it.
You will need long tube uvb, the coil/compact that they likely sold you are garbage, and will cause health and eye problem. The basking for a baby needs to be 105 to 110 degrees. Please get digital probe thermometer to measure it. The dial types are no good. Also the infrared thermometers can be extremely inaccurate on some materials.
Feed him/her 2 to 3 tomes per day as much as it will eat in 10 to 15 minutes. Dust with calcium once per day and multivitamins 3 to 4 times per week. Make sure to keep it well hydrated, contrary to misbeleif giving baths DO NOT hydrate unless they drink. You can use an eyedropper to drip it on his snout to give it water. If it doesn't drink you can add in a little none citrus fruit juice to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in their scales.
Thank you, xp29! This has helped a lot. I will make sure to uvb/basking light, (because I just figured out the one I got doesn’t go over 73 without help from a heater). I just really, really really, appreciate the response. I want to give Waffle the best life he/she can get. I will definitely do what you recommended and, thank you for giving me a picture of how to determine the gender! Tbh I thought nobody would respond. But I’m really lucky someone did, or I would’ve been lost. Thank you for this. 😀😀😀

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome we try to help as many people as we can on here - the most important things in the tank are surface basking temps - 6 months old 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - a long tube UVB I can post links for ones that are good and recommended -- and a good solid bright white basking bulb - I can recommend some of those as well -- please ask if you need more help - the UVB has certain placement and distance please let me know when you have it so I can help you place it - your screen on the tank will determine where it goes

lejaz

Beardie name(s)
Milo
i'm open to any advice on little 3 month old. m husband bought him//her from
petco with a bunch of lights and stuff. what uvb light bulb or set up is the best

WaffleFalafel

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you [everyone]! For giving me more information about the species. I will buy the products everyone suggested! I am glad that people responded, Waffle says hi!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom