Hi all, this is my boy Rocky

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallenSD

Rocky is about five months old. 14 1/2" long and just moved in the new habitat I just finished. Click on a pic. to make larger and to see all my pics. Everyone Have A Great Day!!!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello and Welcome to you and Rocky,

That's a nice set up. Beautiful woodwork, was it from an existing cabinet or did you make that yourself?
Rocky seems very happy in his new home.... :D

Can I ask what all the different lights are?

Dawn

WallenSD

Original Poster
Thank You very much Dawn. I built this myself. I am going to build a cabinat to match to sit it on so I will have a place to put his supplies. As far as the lights go, I like dome ceramic light fixtures due to the fact that they put the light where I want it and can pin point certain areas of the habitat. For daytime on the right I have a lg. dome w/ 150w heat bulb and another lg. dome w/ his UVB, on the left I have a lg. dome w/ a 60w house bulb (mainly for lighting, too dark on that end w/o a light) but it keeps that end a nice 79/80 degrees during the day and the other basking end stays around 92 to 95 degrees. For night time on the right I have a 50w black moon light in a sm. dome and on the left I have a 75w black moon light in a lg dome. It stays around the 82 to 85 degree mark at night and he loves the black lights, really puts him to sleep....lol. I know you can use less lights if you use the long ones but I have good results with these and he loves them. I have installed flip switches on all light so not to have to mess with the plugs but some come with switches already.

Thank for your comment and question, this site is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom