Rocky is in Shed

shedface.jpg

Well, last night when I got home Rocky and I had a cuddle moment and he wanted to go to his enclosure. I knew something had to be wrong. As much as I want him it, I must admit, I felt rejected. I only had about 5 minutes with him. I saw a piece of shed near his eye about 2 days ago but didn't think much of it as his behavior was just as busy as ever. Now Rocky thinks he's in the olymics and jumps from the roof of his enclosure, does flips and has full blown tantrums. I mean, it's totally ridiculous!
Anyhow, I woke up and saw that he was miserable. Black beard, lethargic but I didn't panic. You know why? When I walked near him, he immediately lightened up. I then heard karrieree in my head saying, "Check the temps"- check, it was all good. And in that moment, the rubbing began (and hasn't stopped).

Ahhhh, the flashbacks of rubbing against every hard surface.
He just took his foot and kicked shed off his head...he IS a reptile. Rocky barely does reptilian behavior so I cherish these moments although that's more like a dog isn't it? Nonetheless, I hope this isn't too much. The next bath day isn't until Friday so he has to hang in there.

He just hopped on the hammock to watch me type this so his discomfort doesn't outweigh his nosiness.
He will be just fine.

(Uh oh- he's in the position right before he asks to get out...HE's KNOCKING>>>>I promise I can't make this up!!! What in the world.?!!! Well, I am going to close my eyes and act as if I don't see him. At least his beard is light again but I know his behavior is going to be worst!) I just inserted another picture below. You can also see his belly. No stress marks- JUST SPOILED.

2 for 1 post

So I have the cat balls that have the bell in them and tried to play with Rocky a few days ago. He licked them and moved on. I put my roomba on to see if Rocky would be entertained. Rocky had no fear or interest. What Rocky had interest in was me chasing him.
I recall in my earlier research that it's not good to chase after them so I always secure the areas. Rocky, however, runs fasts then looks back like "c'mon hooman"- really?
Then I turn around and walk away and he follows me. Rocky will do this for hours if I let him.
I only do this for about 5 minutes and I am exchausted. Do you know how hard it is for a beardie to understand that you cant run under the bed and come out like he does? He finally gets it but oh, I better be at the other end waiting for him!

Attachments

• OUT.jpg
    OUT.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Rock lives a charmed life, he is a lucky beardie!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom