Hey guys I need some stories and some pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer892

Hey guys its Adam again. Just wondering I am going to be in this youth and government club come fall for school and we each have to write a law to be proposed. I wanted to do one where you should have to take a test or have a license to own an exotic animal I would really appreciate it if some of you guys could send me your personal stories with bearded dragons that because of improper care are not nearly as healthy and can not do their basic functions as an animal.

I know this a bit long but if you guys could help I would really appreciate it. If you can help send your stories and some pictures if you can to [email protected] Or just type your story as a comment. I thank you guys in advance!

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Hi there, great project idea! I hope you'll get some good responses here - there are certainly many many stories about rescue beardies who've been horribly mistreated by their previous owners. I started with two rescue girls myself, but I honestly don't know much about their background other than the fact that they were obviously not fed for probably months, they were so stick thin. They were surrendered to the pet store when a guy came in trying to sell them & the store employees said he could either surrender them or get turned into the police for animal abuse. There was originally a male beardie brought in with them, but he passed away a few days later... he was maybe 1.5" wide at the thickets point of his body :( One of my girls, Monster, has since passed away due to sudden heart failure, but I'm not sure if that can be attributed to her previous care or not. My remaining rescue girl, Lotus, is on the edge of having gout due to her past improper diet and may have to be on medication every day for the rest of her life. She's also suffered intestinal damage possibly due to a heavy bout of hookworms that went untreated until I brought her home. I've had her for several months and she's just now getting comfortable with being handled and trusting us. She still has perpetual stress marks, although they've faded a good bit. I've spent over $3,000 in my attempt to rehabilitate these two girls (RIP my little Monster).

Here's another good rescue story that's taking place right now... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=172688. You could PM the member and ask her if she'd like to participate in your project :D

There's also an entire rescue section of this forum here... viewforum.php?f=3

Good luck!

jamonlysa

I wanted to do one where you should have to take a test or have a license to own an exotic animal I would really appreciate it if some of you guys could send me your personal stories with bearded dragons that because of improper care are not nearly as healthy and can not do their basic functions as an animal. thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rc Hobby|Remote Control Helicopter|Cheap Rc Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom