Help!! Worried

Bobbie48

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Is it normal that my bearded dragon won’t eat anything green and only wants crickets or super worms? She has also been laying at the bottom of her cage under her hammock. I’m starting to get worried.

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Is it normal that my bearded dragon won’t eat anything green and only wants crickets or super worms? She has also been laying at the bottom of her cage under her hammock. I’m starting to get worried.
how old is she? yes its normal that she wont eat greens you but she does need them so if you want any tips i can give you some. what are the temps in her cage and what uvb do you use?

Bobbie48

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
I’m new to all of this since my future daughter n law gave her to me. She’s 2 and her cage temp is around 84 and I use a 100 watt ceramic bulb and whatever else she came with. I’ve taken her to the vet because she got constipated and they also found some parasites in her feces. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m new to all of this since my future daughter n law gave her to me. She’s 2 and her cage temp is around 84 and I use a 100 watt ceramic bulb and whatever else she came with. I’ve taken her to the vet because she got constipated and they also found some parasites in her feces. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You need surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- this would need to be w/ a clear solid bright white basking bulb examples Flukers- basking - exo Terra intense or a Arcadia halogen-- please get this pronto along w/ a long tube fixture-- your dragon is getting sick w/ out the proper temps and uvb - I can post 3 links to good uvb's- recommended on this site-

Bobbie48

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
You need surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- this would need to be w/ a clear solid bright white basking bulb examples Flukers- basking - exo Terra intense or a Arcadia halogen-- please get this pronto along w/ a long tube fixture-- your dragon is getting sick w/ out the proper temps and uvb - I can post 3 links to good uvb's- recommended on this site-
That would be great thank you so much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That would be great thank you so much!
If the tank is 40 + gallon a 24" fixture will work
this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you need the 22" 10.0 T 5 bulb I am posting that for you as well
24" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood you want this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one can be found at PetSmart if you have one
you need the 24 watt 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this fixture you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun posted above
please get the 24" or 2ft fixture
when you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you get it placed and distanced for the tank - the screen on the tank will determine where it needs to go -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom