Help the humidity build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see even in commercial incubators there is a lot of humidity build up on the lids of the tub-a-ware should I try to control it? And how long after mating does it take a female to be ready to lay?

Lenewen

Juvie Member
In commercial incubators, the buildup on the top is not usually a problem because the eggs themselves are often contained in small containers with holes in the sides and a secure lid on top.

If you are concerned about humidity, the best thing to do is line the bottom of the lid with a towel and change the towel out every time it gets very wet.

There are commercial ways to regulate humidity much like many of us regulate temperature. But going this route is usually unnecessary and expensive.

Defiantbreeder

Original Poster
Ok we'll I have a secure top lid and I punctured a small hole in each side so now the humidity is ONLY on the outside of the container, good or bad?

Lenewen

Juvie Member
I PMed you-it shouldn't be a problem as long as there is enough holes in the container. My containers have hatch-rite in them and get no condensation at all but the incubator maintains a constant 55% or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom