Help ! Stuggling to lay??

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
It might be but I'm not 100 % sure. Call the vet and ask about the shot, if they think she should have it now or in the morning. It's Oxytocin.
The emergency vet won't answer any questions on the phone, they always insist just to bring in sadly. Especially this one because it's not her usual vet (I already tried earlier 😔) I'll go ahead and bring her in and ask. I'll drop her at the front and ask them to see her and teleconsult me from the car perhaps.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Tell them that she fell asleep but just now popped out number 8. Ask specifically for a shot of Oxytocin, that's the major thing. Then you can bring her home and the laying should start.

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Tell them that she fell asleep but just now popped out number 8. Ask specifically for a shot of Oxytocin, that's the major thing. Then you can bring her home and the laying should start.
Got it, thank you so much. I'll update you as soon as I'm there with an outcome. I've informed them I'm on my way

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and hope that it will be fast + uneventful ! Tell them she already had a nice big drink of water too.

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
O.K, I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and hope that it will be fast + uneventful ! Tell them she already had a nice big drink of water too.
Thanks will update! We are in the waiting room they took her in to check vital signs. I checked the photo taken of her eggs, she actually only laid 1 month ago! I'm suprised she's trying to lay so soon 🤯

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Hard to see but here in her carrier with her hot water bottle for warmth !
20230406_235344.jpg

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Did you see my last message ? Any news ?
Yes i did thanks! Their exotic vet isn't in until after Easter holidays sadly but they are gonna do an xray, give her the shot (oxytocin + calcium) and a little analgesic, then we will go home. I've already signed off on the fees just waiting on them to carry out the treatment- I'm kindof hoping there's no eggs left but we will see !

It's nearly 2am on good Friday I'm pooped!

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
No worries thanks again 🙂 we finished the treatment. They will send me the xray in email but when we looked at it there didn't appear to be any more eggs, it looked clear. She said there could be follicles, but it could also just be her normal organs (that's what they suspect). Nothing super nefarious looking at the moment. She gave the shot of oxytocin and the pain treatment but they didn't have the right calcium dose on hand so they asked me to just give to her at home with her food over the long weekend.

They said just keep an eye on her over the weekend and follow up with her normal vet during the week to see how she goes. I'll try to get her to eat more, fingers crossed she's got her normal behaviours over the next few days 😮‍💨

Bearded joey

Beardie name(s)
Joey
Thanks for replying, She's laid about 7 eggs so far, now she's fallen asleep at the back of the enclosure. I think she might have tried to laid more but seems to have fallen asleep. She only started trying to lay about 2 hours ago. Should I be concerned yet?
From my understanding you should leave her be while in the dig pot most will use a tub with a lid and moist soil and just leave them be overnight she knows what to do

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
From my understanding you should leave her be while in the dig pot most will use a tub with a lid and moist soil and just leave them be overnight she knows what to do
That's if they're not having trouble laying. This dragon was having trouble and the Oxytocin stimulates the dragon to lay if there are more eggs that she's having a problem pushing out.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom