Help ! Stuggling to lay??

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Here is the x ray result. How does it look? Did the eggs draw too much calcium off of her ? Does she seem to have follicles still ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407-090448_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407-090448_OneDrive.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 60

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see follicles, there are vague, curious looking shapes that could be eggs but from what I see it's not definite enough. Eggs generally don't pull too much calcium in a relatively healthy dragon though. Is she sleeping ?

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Here's some photos of her this morning. She's gone completely limp in her left arm, but the vet told me it's a normal side effect of the pain treatment she had and should return to normal in a few days. I really want to beat myself up for not feeding her more after she laid the first time 😩 she ate well enough and she seemed so normal but look at how thin she is now I'm just shocked. I had another beardie with fatty liver and even my current vet told me to cut down on her bugs because she was airing on the overweight side so I was just trying to do the right thing.. I feel awful

She ate a handful of dusted larvae this morning. She didn't have a ton but I'd say easily 30-40

20230407_091450.jpg

Attachments

• 20230407_091350.jpg
    20230407_091350.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230407_091346.jpg
    20230407_091346.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 62

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
I don't see follicles, there are vague, curious looking shapes that could be eggs but from what I see it's not definite enough. Eggs generally don't pull too much calcium in a relatively healthy dragon though. Is she sleeping ?
No she's awake! We got home at 3am and I let her sleep in a little but she woke up around half an hour ago. Its 923 am now 😅 she was keen on black soldier larva as soon as she woke up

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks really good and alert ! Good appetite is a good sign, be sure to feed her twice a day for a little while and add calcium powder as well to one meal a day.

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
She looks really good and alert ! Good appetite is a good sign, be sure to feed her twice a day for a little while and add calcium powder as well to one meal a day.
She is very alert and woke up at a normal reasonable time, despite how many times I checked on her and how late we came home aha

She actually ended up eating even more larvae after I posted this, but only when I directly hand feed, the spoiled little nugget 😅 I'll keep trying today but she's probably eaten three quarters of this BSFL package now. It was dusted with the multi which has calcium +d3. The good petstore I try to go to has liquid calcium, and lots of variety of feeders so I'll stop by there tomorrow. Her uvb isn't due until next month but I might go ahead and replace the tube while I'm there as well.

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Here she is now 😄 hoping we have a relaxed weekend until I can speak with her usual vet on Tuesday- her left arm is still completely limp but hopefully this resolves soon

Attachments

• 20230407_113802.jpg
    20230407_113802.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230407_113807.jpg
    20230407_113807.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230407_103858.jpg
    20230407_103858.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 62

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
She looks relaxed and unfazed. Like she's saying " what was everyone worried about ?" :cool:
I've been trying not to cuddle or handle her because of my covid but I did hold her a little and she seemed to really enjoy it ! ☺️ I definitely think she's comfortable at least

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
I started to pass out myself but right before I saw a small bit of possible nesting (?) Behaviour a few hours ago. I can't tell if it was more trying to lay or just her struggling to move with her limp arms from the pain treatment.

When I woke up I came to see her and she was on the warm side on her rock. She looked a little flat but perked up as soon as I walked by, she might have been dozing off, not sure. I gave her a warm bath, a cuddle, then she proceeded to gobble up the rest of the BSFL i had 🥲

Fingers crossed she stays on the mend. I'm exhausted 😩

Attachments

• 20230407_161249.jpg
    20230407_161249.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 57

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope she is doing better, I'm sure she is tired!
Did they give the painkiller or hormone in her arm, causing it to go limp right now?

Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Hello,

I hope she is doing better, I'm sure she is tired!
Did they give the painkiller or hormone in her arm, causing it to go limp right now?

Tracie
Hi Tracie, she is she started to try to find places to sleep as the evening began 🥲

They gave painkiller in one arm then hormone in the other. She hasn't laid any more eggs yet though. Could you take a look at this xray and tell me what you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407-090448_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407-090448_OneDrive.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 56

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Also this is what was given as per the statement:

Methadone 10Mg/Ml Injection 20Ml (Per
mL)
1 Radiographs 1 View Exotics
1 Oxytocin 10Iu/Ml Injection 50Ml (Per mL)

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Charlie went to bed a little early last night which was expected, and she slept for a long time too, but was full of energy this morning !

She was chasing my hands for food, shes got a great appetite still. Waiting for the pet store to open and ill get her some silkworms and more BSFL, gonna replace her UVB as well for good measure 😊 I gave her a warm bath and she did a really big poo as well! I think she's finished with the eggs, her tummy was flat after the big poop, and she isn't showing any more signs of trying to nest so far. I'll grab some liquid calcium also just in case, but I'm starting to think she can replenish with the food she's gobbling up to be honest 🤔

20230408_073619.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom