Help. Possible excess heat exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, if you keep him that cool, do not feed him as he wont be able to digest his food. I just don't want him getting a respiratory infection.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, water is fine, no problem. Good then keep him a little cooler & let him rest for a few days.

Tracie

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I hope your baby gets better real soon. *hugs* to the little guy. If i wasnt at home to monitor our temps same thing could of happened to us too. It got 98f here in cali and the house hit 88 and all the 75 watt bulbs had to be changed out to lower ones. I walked by and their basking point was at 124f they moved to the cool end but it happened really quick. It was a crazy few days of really warm weather.

BarajasE

Original Poster
Ya good thing now though that this entire week in Cali is going to be pretty cool. Going to talk with the vet today before i decide to turn the basking light back on.

chancellor91

Juvie Member
good idea. ya the temps have been crazy here in cali, just woonderng? but were abouts in cali, cause im looking for a beardie friend lol

BarajasE

Original Poster
Alright so actual vet wasn't there but his assistant was. Spikie got some more noninflammatory and his eyes are looking better. Still swollen but they don't look so hard anymore they are more soft and he can open his eyes a little more. As for location I live in West Hills

BarajasE

Original Poster
Ok dokey so basking light is back on he seems pretty good. I feel a little better each day but still nothing is guranteed

msmaui

Juvie Member
Could you tell me what vet you are using and do you like him? I, too, live in the Valley and have been looking for another reptile vet. Thank you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news his eyes are getting a little bit better now. It will take a little bit of time.
So what temps did you decide to put him at the middle 80's or so?

Tracie

BarajasE

Original Poster
Yeah like 85 now. So he's on his way and hopefully he'd be 100% better in a couple weeks. Again I'm still worried because I do not know if he 100% clear from any bad yet =/ but I do feel a little more relived every day. We are going to try feeding him tomorrow morning

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good, the middle 80's. I would not try to feed him because at only 85 he wont be able to properly digest his food & the food can rot in his tummy & cause GI upset. You could give water, pedialyte or diluted apple or grape juice.
At least he is getting better though, slowly.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom