Help please :,)

r5t1les

Original Poster
My juvenile beardie keeps scraping and trying to climb the walls of his viv and going a little frantic
I did recently change some on his vivarium such as a new cave and branch due to him growing and not fitting his old ones, will this be the cause of his stressed behaviour ? Will he get used to it if so ? Or is it because of something else ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My juvenile beardie keeps scraping and trying to climb the walls of his viv and going a little frantic
I did recently change some on his vivarium such as a new cave and branch due to him growing and not fitting his old ones, will this be the cause of his stressed behaviour ? Will he get used to it if so ? Or is it because of something else ?
Well lets start w/ surface basking temps and how your taking them? NO analogs they are inaccurate you need a digital probe thermometer for accuracy - next the UVB -- is it a coil or a long tube fixture? Coils are a health hazard and will cause all kinds of health issues --- his new decor he will get used to it but it should not cause the behavior your getting now

r5t1les

Original Poster
Well lets start w/ surface basking temps and how your taking them? NO analogs they are inaccurate you need a digital probe thermometer for accuracy - next the UVB -- is it a coil or a long tube fixture? Coils are a health hazard and will cause all kinds of health issues --- his new decor he will get used to it but it should not cause the behavior your getting now
I have digital probes to take the temps and it’s a long tube fixture

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please go over your lighting set up with us so we can make sure it isn't something off there, but otherwise, the likely answer is yes. Beardies really don't like change very much, but will settle down.

r5t1les

Original Poster
Please go over your lighting set up with us so we can make sure it isn't something off there, but otherwise, the likely answer is yes. Beardies really don't like change very much, but will settle down.
have a proT5 12% 39w long tube fixture uvb that is positioned towards the back on the ceiling of his viv and a basking bulb at one end of his Viv on the ceiling that is a habitat 100w basking bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have digital probes to take the temps and it’s a long tube fixture
Ok what brand and bulb? Where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank? How old is the uvb bulb? Depending on the screen and the bulb will determine placement and distance- the basking bulb is a solid clear bright white bulb-- no off colored or yellowish or daytime bulbs please-- your surface basking temps-- what are they? They should be 95-100 for a 6 month old dragon

r5t1les

Original Poster
Ok what brand and bulb? Where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank? How old is the uvb bulb? Depending on the screen and the bulb will determine placement and distance- the basking bulb is a solid clear bright white bulb-- no off colored or yellowish or daytime bulbs please-- your surface basking temps-- what are they? They should be 95-100 for a 6 month old dragon
The brand of uvb is Arcadia and habistat for the basking bulb and it’s inside the tank as it’s a wooden vivarium and the uvb is brand new and the basking bulb is 1 month and the temperatures for the surface basking is 38-40°Celsius

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The brand of uvb is Arcadia and habistat for the basking bulb and it’s inside the tank as it’s a wooden vivarium and the uvb is brand new and the basking bulb is 1 month and the temperatures for the surface basking is 38-40°Celsius
It needs to be directly over a piece of basking decor 12-15 inches - with that being said all sounds good -- how big is the tank? Sometimes they will exhibit this behavior if the tank is too small-- also how old is the dragon and is it female?

r5t1les

Original Poster
It needs to be directly over a piece of basking decor 12-15 inches - with that being said all sounds good -- how big is the tank? Sometimes they will exhibit this behavior if the tank is too small-- also how old is the dragon and is it female?
He has a basking bridge type decor directly underneath the bulb about 13 inches and the age is Almost 4 months old and not been sexed yet getting him sexed next week also the tank is 120cmx63x63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He has a basking bridge type decor directly underneath the bulb about 13 inches and the age is Almost 4 months old and not been sexed yet getting him sexed next week also the tank is 120cmx63x63

So the tank is roughly a 120 gallon ---appropriate size -- distance is good for the UVB-- sounds like hes acclimating to the tank --- I know when I had Blaze in his 120 gallon he was doing the same thing - exploring etc -- give him some time to adjust ---

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'll post a pic of how to look for yourself, but at four month's you can get fooled because some males develop later and look like females until they do.
Be careful with the light you use to not burn your beardie, some of them get pretty hot.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 52

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom