Help!! It Baby beardie is not using his back legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbabybeardie

Original Poster
What's wrong with my baby beardie? He is not using his back legs.I need help, I don't know what's wrong and I'm going nuts try to figure out what's wrong. Please help.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
answer the following questions so we can help you more
how old is your dragon?
how long have you had the dragon
do you use a UVB bulb?
What brand/type (coil, compact,tube--reptiglo, reptisun,etc)
do you feed it crickets SMALLER than the space between its eyes
what else do you feed it?
Do you use a separate basking (bright white light) bulb in addition to the UVB bulb?
How often do you dust the feeders with calcium?Vitamins?
What are his basking side temps and cool side temps?
What do you measure temps with (digital, dial, stick on,etc)
has he had a fecal sample taken to a vet to test for parasites?

Answer these and anything else others ask and we should be able to help you better

kingbabybeardie

Original Poster
I dust the feeders before I put them in the cage they eat large crickets I haven't used my UVB because it busted, I went to the pet store to get a new one and they are out right now.he used his legs 2 days ago, no I haven't sent my beardie to the vet I just noticed it now. No I don't use a additional light.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
SOrry your beardie is not doing well. Can you please give us some info about the set up?
Also you may want to have a moderator move this to the er section for you, so it can get some more attention.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Okay, you need to find temps. Large crickets for a 2 month old are way too big--when is the last time he pooped? IF it just started it could be impaction. Bath him in lukewarm water no deeper than his armpits to help get the poop moving. unsweetened applesauce will also help that along.
They need an additional light--UVB bulb is to help them digest properly and then a white bright light (can be a regular household (not soft white) bulb. Temps need to be monitored-it is very important!!

Also, make sure you get a repti sun tube (coil and compact are not good for beardies). petmountain.com, has the best price on the repti sun 10.0. IF you mUST go with a repti glo (and someone correct me if I am wrong), go with the 8.0 NOT the 10.0

How often is he fed?

kingbabybeardie

Original Poster
I have a female in the same cage they are both almost 2 months old the female is fine but the male is not using his back legs.omg I'm just freaking out seeing him walk what's wrong? I dust the crickets before I put them in and they get there sunlight and UVB from the sun. PleAse help

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Do you feed him crickets bigger than the space between his eyes? What substrate do you use (the stuff at the bottom of your tank)? When did he last poop?

beardlover

Juvie Member
Without knowing more it's hard to be 100% sure but my guess is that he has a bowel impaction.
How often does he poop?
Try feeding him applesauce with a few drops of olive oil, also give him a luke warm bath (water level up to his armpits) and gently massage his tummy above the vent, this can help stimulate a BM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom