Baby beardie not eating

Shelbytvr

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Puff
Hi everyone we have a 4 week old beardie who’s not eating that well, he came out of his egg with the egg sack around his belly. He has been pooping but struggles to eat his roaches. Is there anything we can syringe feed him? We’ve tried slurry’s and using repti boost in them aswell but I think it’s just not enough

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
Hi everyone we have a 4 week old beardie who’s not eating that well, he came out of his egg with the egg sack around his belly. He has been pooping but struggles to eat his roaches. Is there anything we can syringe feed him? We’ve tried slurry’s and using repti boost in them aswell but I think it’s just not enough
Does he still have the egg sack???

Shelbytvr

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Puff
Hello,

Did the baby absorb his yolk sac yet? Can you post any pictures of him?

Tracie
IMG_3880.jpeg
He did absorb it yes

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
From that pic it's obvious the egg sack caused a restriction. I would try making slurry very very thin so he can pass the food through his system. Oxbow critical care may an option, it's really good. You can get it on Amazon. I would use the carnivore variety for a baby.
I don't know if he can grow out of the deformity, if he doesn't he may not survive.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh wow, that is very strange, I have never seen that before! He absorbed the sac though?
I hope he can grow out of that but not sure.
As suggested, a thin slurry right now, is your best option for him to get nutrition into him. It
may be a slow process!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom