Help - Beardie ate a magnolia flower petal!

Hi Folks,

My beardie snuck in a whole magnolia petal before I could stop him, should I be concerned?

I tried looking up if it’s edible or not but did not find anything conclusive. Please help.

TIA!

P.S. Just realized where I posted, eek, sorry!

Last edited:

solana

Beardie name(s)
carlisle and bertha
Hi Folks,

My beardie snuck in a whole magnolia petal before I could stop him, should I be concerned?

I tried looking up if it’s edible or not but did not find anything conclusive. Please help.

TIA!

my beardie has never eaten a magnolia petal before, but she has snuck a few other plants I'm not entirely sure she can eat and is fine. keep and eye on him and make sure he isnt acting strange and maybe try calling a vet and see what they say just to be on the safe side

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Folks,

TIA!

watch for black bearding -- lethargic behavior
look here to see if you can find the flower scroll to bottom of the webpage
Nutrition Content

Akg12saurus

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gosha
watch for black bearding -- lethargic behavior
look here to see if you can find the flower scroll to bottom of the webpage
Nutrition Content
So far so good, maybe even too good since he is running around and climbing all over the room. As for research, I tried searching a variety of ways to see if there is anything about magnolia flowers but I have come up with nothing unfortunately, including the site you mentioned.

Well, I'll keep an eye out for now and keep the vet in mind in case his behavior changes.

Akg12saurus

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gosha
my beardie has never eaten a magnolia petal before, but she has snuck a few other plants I'm not entirely sure she can eat and is fine. keep and eye on him and make sure he isnt acting strange and maybe try calling a vet and see what they say just to be on the safe side
Yea mine is a little rascal as well and tries to eat random grass before he poops outside. I am usually pretty good at preventing him from random samplings, but apparently not this time. Sneaky little butthole!

At this rate, I am going to do the same thing I saw in another post and make a little garden area just for him with plants that are safe for him to eat.

solana

Beardie name(s)
carlisle and bertha
Yea mine is a little rascal as well and tries to eat random grass before he poops outside. I am usually pretty good at preventing him from random samplings, but apparently not this time. Sneaky little butthole!

At this rate, I am going to do the same thing I saw in another post and make a little garden area just for him with plants that are safe for him to eat.
mine is the same way, i cant take my eye off of mine for a second or she is trying to eat whatever she can find. i have a garden that i grow veggies in and she loves the lettuce patch. she wont eat her veggies when i give them to her but as soon as she thinks she's not supposed to eat it she loves it

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom