Head bobbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Posting about my mum's beardie, Pete. Just had a video sent over from my sister who's at home (I'm at work at the moment) of him 'bobbing' and acting a little strange. He's recently (yesterday) been moved to a much bigger viv and when he was first placed in, his beard went black and he paced. We put this down to a new environment. Was fine last night, ate, pooped, basked.
Here's a link to his 'bobbing'. Could it just be his reflection? I've read its to do with dominance but I'm pretty sure he can't see anything other than my sister sat on the sofa or the dog wandering about. Thanks in advance :)

https://youtu.be/EvdSntL_Sc0

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is normal , for a big male especially in spring and summer.

He likely sees his own reflection and is having an dominance argument with "that other dragon".

Wouldn't happen to a female beardie in the house somewhere, if there is he'll know she's around if he can't see or hear her.

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
Good to know :)

No female, I have a 5 month old male (I'm pretty sure) dragon in a viv above him.

Thank you for your help and sorry for a silly question :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
GeoffreyDragon":2cmyeh4j said:
Good to know :)

No female, I have a 5 month old male (I'm pretty sure) dragon in a viv above him.

Thank you for your help and sorry for a silly question :)

I reckon even if he can't see the little boy, he knows he's around and he is telling him and everyone else (probably including you :) ) that HE'S THE BOSS BEARDIE.

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
Hehe ok, good to know. He is king beardie in the house, even if the little one did take a chunk out of the cat last week... (He's fine, my fault for leaving the lock off, definitely learned my lesson!)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
GeoffreyDragon":3kuzmbyc said:
Hehe ok, good to know. He is king beardie in the house, even if the little one did take a chunk out of the cat last week... (He's fine, my fault for leaving the lock off, definitely learned my lesson!)

Good for him , BUT could have been a very bad outcome (for the little boy beardie, and he could have met a very end).

Word of warning.
CATS AND PET LIZARDS ARE A GUARANTEED RECIPY FOR DESASTER, NEVER LET YOUR CAT IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOUR BEARDIES - EVEN WHEN THEY ARE IN THEIR ENCLOSURES.
I know of several instances where cats (who were claimed to be perfectly gentle and supposedly not the least bit interested in the lizard/s , even the lizard's friend) , the owners come home one day to discover their pet lizards dead or horribly tortured and dying , one person had a colony of 5 Jacky Dragons , came home from school to find 4 of the 5 dragons dead, the cat had broken into the enclosure and had a torturing / killing spree.
NEVER EVER TRUST A CAT. They are all hardwired killers, no matter how well fed they are, they torture and kill smaller animals for the fun of it.

Make sure the cat can never enter the room where the lizards are (just the sight of cat will stress a lizard , never let the lizards out when it's around, and make sure your enclosures are totally cat proof (no screen tops, no glass tops, hoods screwed down to solid heavy bits of plywood that are impossible for a cat to get they nose and claw under, doors always locked (don't rely on sliding doors without locks).

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
Yes, I know. At no point have I ever encouraged the cat and dragon to interact. I don't take what happened lightly either. It was a complete accident on my part for not ensuring the lock was in place before I left.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
GeoffreyDragon":20goi4f1 said:
Yes, I know. At no point have I ever encouraged the cat and dragon to interact. I don't take what happened lightly either. It was a complete accident on my part for not ensuring the lock was in place before I left.

That's good to know.... had to say it though as there are some who don't know these things or refuse to accept their cat is dangerous.

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
That's ok. Yeah sadly people often assume that because their cat is placid towards them, they wouldn't harm a beardie. I have a tortoise and am part of many tortoise groups and forums and unfortunately you see cat or dog attacks quite a lot. I hate seeing photos of cats with any reptile really.

As I said though, honest mistake and lesson learned on my part. Both cat and dragon are thankfully fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom