Hates baths/showers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Voldey (that's my beardie's name. Short for Lord Voldemort lol) hates water! He won't take baths or showers; he frantically tries to climb out. I don't know what to do! Help!

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
one of my babies also does not like to take a bath, i have noticed that after a few min of him trying to get out, he finally started to swim and have fun... but he seems to forget every time i give him a bath/or his just likes to be stubborn lol, in the end he still ends up loving his bath. :D :D

geostraub

How long do you leave your beardie in the bath? My son's doesn't seem to like baths either but I don't know how long to leave him in?

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
I leave my babies in for 10-15 min, except for my girl jackie she loves the water i will let her stay in for about 25 min... sometimes she gets mad at me when i take her out lol

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
i have this round plastic tubberware that i bought one day from the $ store, its about 7 in high.. you can use the sink in the bathroom, ane when he gets older you can use the bathtub

Lilbear

Hatchling Member
Our beardie, Pedro, didn't like bathes at first. Same behavior, tried to climb out and scamper away. I resorted to holding him in my palm, while slowly pouring luke warm water over him. Twice a month he would get a bath, sometimes more than that, but normally twice a month. He slowly started to trust the bath time. I got a small 3gal rectangular tupperware type container, placed a flat rock inside, higher than the waterline so he could lay on it out of the water. He no longer scampers to get out of the tub. He gets a 1/2hr. of bath time with constant cycling warm of water in so he doesn't get cold. I really think its a matter of trust, getting used to the concept of a bath and trusting that he won't get in trouble or hurt. Just my observations!

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
my baby hatchlings love it, i think if u start them young ang give it to them frequent ,they will learn to like it..
739853_518650334833415_1199500900_o.jpg

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
i am selling them here , they are finally starting to get there color , if you want to see what mom and dad looklike look at the for sale forum , it says beardies 4 sale soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom